Lightning

Tire Rotation Logic

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:11 PM
|
Post Tire Rotation Logic

The L calls for a tire rotation schedule that escapes logic. I rotated once at 6000 miles (of course they call for 5K), and accourding to the schedule I would have to rotate again at 12000 miles which I just hit. In that each tire has now been on the front and back for 6000 miles, logic would dictate that I could wait until the next sequence to rotate. There should be nothing different about side dedicated tires, in that my last to rides sported Goodyear GSC's which where the same type design. Why should I not be able to wait, and ultimately have the same wear after the next two rotations?

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
Skydive69@msn.com
Apopka, Florida
99 White Lightning #2091 DOB 6-8-99
Airaid air box (S&B Filter) & Superchip

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:20 PM
Talking

Let's see you start with 4 new tires. Rear tires go bald (some defect) move front to rear, throw rears away, buy 2 new tires and put on front. Repeat process. The only reason I rotate other than this is if I need a front end alignment and the fronts have become scuffed from the alighnment problem.
Actually I have been very careful about spinning these tires because they are so expensive. I run other rears at the track. I have rotated my tires once for an alignment problem and I have 22k+miles on them. They will probably make 25K as long as I am careful in the rain, if it ever rains down here in S Texas again. We're parying for a huricane to replenish the water table. My yard is dead. Oh well I don't have to mow it anymore. I wonder how greeen paint would work on the grass.
noelvm

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:22 PM
I think all you need is a little commmon sense when rotating tires.Screw what ford says.For instance,My back tires are at 50% my front are at 80% at 4000 miles.I am rotating now because my wheels are being chromed and now its easy.I figure I will only have to rotate 1 more time and then i will get another 3-4000 miles out of both front and back after the 2nd rotation.With my driving habits,Ill be lucky to get 15000 miles out of them.I really dont even burn them either!

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:25 PM
Don't know about you guys, but I rotate them every oil change(3000 miles).
Probably a waste of time, but I get a chance to clean the inside of the rims that way....

Quick Reply: Tire Rotation Logic