Lightning

Ford Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:28 PM
|
Cool Ford Surprise

Ordered a new engine last Tuesday and it showed up monday morning.Let's say 5 working days.The gaskets for the intercooler replacement took almost 2 months. An engine faster than gaskets...hell of a way to run a business..not that I am currently unhappy.
New complete seat cover for the drivers side seat fix along with some structural foam is in...The engine was sitting next to a 4.6 modular and which looked small beside the 5.4
I`ll let ya`ll know how the install comes out..should be finished by Thursday,latest.

[This message has been edited by Twisted99 (edited 07-25-2000).]

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:20 AM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Twisted,

How long was it from first sign of coolent loss to actual new engine order? I noticed a low level last Saturday. Hopefully it will last long enough for a 01 engine.

Old 07-26-2000 | 11:28 AM
|
I replaced a few pints before I got really concerned. I went to the dealer and they ordered the intercooler. They got a dude on thier tech line and the first question that dude asked was does He have a chip in it.
Anyway I waited a while for the parts ....intercooler,cats,O2 sensors and plugs.
Gaskets for the replacement took forever...almost 2 months. Anyway once the parts were on hand they pulled the blower and intercooler core and it was so sludged up the mechanic would not install just the intercooler. The old motor is going back for inspection and future core use I have been told. New motor is supposed to have the matching numbers..and this still hasn't been verified. I'll keep posting till it is out and wound up......

[This message has been edited by Twisted99 (edited 07-26-2000).]

Quick Reply: Ford Surprise