Lightning

Went to Dyno with a PSP and an Inject-Tech >>

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000 | 06:34 PM
|
Post Went to Dyno with a PSP and an Inject-Tech >>

I AM GOING TO USE THE WORD "Inject-Tech" MANY TIMES. THIS IS NOT AN ADD; IF YOU THINK IT MAY BE AN ADD, HIT YOUR BACK BUTTON NOW. THIS IS MY OWN REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE.

I went to the dyno with only my PSP; I don't own an Inject-Tech. But, the calibrator for Inject-Tech came by Dyno Dave's to pick up a file from him on his way to deliver a chip to a customer. After my first pass with the PSP and K&N replacement filter, he offered to let my try out his "Street" program. I didn't know at the time that he was the calibrator of the Inject-Tech; I found that out later. I figured it would be a great chance to try-before-buy; and get solid dyno numbers, I'm sure he was interested in seeing a dyno run for his chip without having to pay Dyno Dave. It was a symbiotic relationship (Like my big word there) Here are some pics of the graph. The run with no spikes is the Inject-tech....smooth as silk. I'm not an expert and don't know if the spikes mean anything overall; so, no flame torches please. Then, by deduction, the other two are with the PSP and stock programs from SAL with the K&N replacement filter still in. It's obvious that Dyno Dave started each of the three pulls at different rpm's; so, take that into account. Now, the Inject-Tech guy (forgot name) said "Take it out for a feel...I've got to do some business with Dave". GREAT!! SilverBullet is correct; the tranny shifts are REALLY nice. Not smashing hard but REALLY good, tight, fast shifts. The off-the-line torque is very noticeable and improved over the PSP. This chip, I believe, is a great 60ft chip. I could genuinely feel the differnce over the PSP. I think I may get one and compare overall dragstrip numbers on a few different trips to Milan for giggles. The calibrator mentioned that Ford doesn't use the knock sensors for timing; and, that he does exactly the opposite. He said that is how he programs his chips is by monitoring knock sensor data. I was shocked hearing that the stock PCM's don't use the sensors. I heard a lot more; but, would take forever to spell it all out. I hope the pics are good enough to read. By the way, I heard no pinging or detonation on any of the pulls.
http://members.aol.com/svtgene/dyno2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/svtgene/dyno1.jpg

[This message has been edited by BadBolt (edited 07-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by BadBolt (edited 07-25-2000).]

Old 07-25-2000 | 06:45 PM
Bad Bolt Can you tell us which of the A/F lines is which ?? Looks like a green line is the lowest HP and the lowest A/F. Looks like the HP was gained from leaning out truck.

Doug

Old 07-25-2000 | 06:56 PM
|
Right, if you look at the lower right quadrant of the graph, the top line is the Inject-Tech, the middle is the PSP and the lower is stock.

Old 07-25-2000 | 09:36 PM
Thumbs up

BadBolt,
Looks like you beat me to the punch. I had my truck on the dyno this past Sat., and when I got home both the PSP & Inject Tech were in the mailbox. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
But those numbers you have seem to concur with the seat of the pants feel I have, the Inject Tech is definitely quicker off the line than PSP's but the true test will come at the track. Right now I am totally thrilled with the I.T. chip. Later.
Rob

Old 07-25-2000 | 09:39 PM
Exclamation

BTW, I forgot to mention that on my dyno sheet the A/F ratio also came up as 17.5/1 but that's not even close to what was on the actual graph. On my peak horsepower the A/F was a 10.5 to 1, still pig rich !!

Old 07-25-2000 | 10:25 PM
[This message has been edited by SilverBullet (edited 07-25-2000).]

Last edited by SilverBullet; 06-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-26-2000 | 12:31 AM
where can you purchase the inject-tech chips?
Bryce

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:37 AM
Question

Um, if the middle is the PSP chip, is there something wrong with it? How did you LOSE torque on it from stock?

Daniel

Old 07-26-2000 | 02:49 AM
Talking

Hey BadBolt!
It was a lot better going to Dyno Dave's then the other dyno place that does the GM stuff. You did not have to say a work about the plots I could tell which one was with Jerry's chip. That spike is a pain in more ways that one.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Old 07-26-2000 | 08:14 AM
Very impressive,any plans at on running it at the track ? What kind of times would you expect from it?

Old 07-26-2000 | 10:09 AM
hey all' down at cyberbrawl i tried an inject chipin the first round of qaulifiying launched at 1200 rpm and spun a third of the way down the track had to let off a little then got back on it and had to let off all the way or i was giong in the wall. the next time i launched at 800rpm and my time was13.63 so back to the swanson chip launched at 800rpm red lighted[pro trees suck]and got13.55 all of this was on f1s so that extra tourqe might help with d/r tires plus the track was slick and swanson chip gives me 13.5s all day. the inject chip is a smoother chip shifting ect but a real test would be with d/rs to handle what seemed like a lot more tourqe at launch. thanks for letting me try the chip wyldman.

------------------
00 black team swanson

Old 07-26-2000 | 02:19 PM
|
Spiro99SVT

I don't have one yet; I just tried the calibrators. I'd like to get one for street fights. I heard that someone at NLOC is trying to get a GP going; I'd like to purchase then. If a GP drags on until winter, I'll probably buy before the drag season ends

Old 07-27-2000 | 12:18 AM
|
SilverBullet

I will post the per 100 rpm info here A.S.A.P.. I made a few copies of the pulls and am going to give one to HIGH RISK when I meet him at Milan today. I figure he can show all the pulls to you and BaBolt becuase you guys seem to hang out together. Yesterday eve, I was putting all that info into a post here; and as I was about to hit the submit button, my FUNKY..FUNKY...FUNKY AOL disconnected me and I lost the post and the will to do it over. One thing that I wanted to put in the post that I lost was that the Inject-Tech seems to be a great 60 ft chip and really go to about 4900 rpm where both hp and torque drop off and the PSP keeps chugging along. My brain started wondering if the great benifits of the off-the-line charactaristics of the Inj-T are lost on the other end of the graph and the drag strip. I'd really like to ask the calibrator if he can program the higher ranges of the chip to keep the hp and torque going better than the data I have from my pull #3 with his chip. I'd LOVE to see that happen; because, it really is a nice chip setup. Check out the hp/torque spike between 4700-4900 rpm for the PSP and stock pulls. That's where the 364 max hp is recorded at the top of the graph. How in the hell does this happen? Is it good/bad/ugly.

[This message has been edited by BadBolt (edited 07-26-2000).]

Old 07-27-2000 | 12:24 AM
Tmi

Last edited by SilverBullet; 06-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2000 | 12:35 AM
|
SilverBullet

I'm going to look at your dyno post. I always use 93 from Marathon, Ammaco, Shell (sometimes)
Wow, back from checking your dyno numbers; I don't know what your mods are; can you post them for me. Were you using his street chip for your pulls? Or was it his race program? There is a big diffence across the board, for sure.

[This message has been edited by BadBolt (edited 07-26-2000).]

Quick Reply: Went to Dyno with a PSP and an Inject-Tech >>