Lightning

MY L IS IN THE SHOP.AUGHHHHHHHHHHH

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000 | 02:24 PM
|
Red face MY L IS IN THE SHOP.AUGHHHHHHHHHHH

Well, they finally gave me a free rent car so I left the L to have the intercooler replaced (the new one is at the dealership), and fix the ps window that sounds like a drawbridge going up and align the thing. I'm have withdrawal already, but I have an idea. REDLITE & 1BADFRD if you will each lend me your L for a day I will give you this Tarus and then we would all only be without for one day each. What do you think????
noelvm
I told them if it wasn't ready Friday I was taking their Tarus to the strip and I would return it with the numbers still on the windshield and pass window. I will go by tomorrow, I want to look at the plugs, etc. Do you all think 104 will shorten the life of the plugs? Changing the tranny & rear end fluids, too. 22k miles.
The last thing I said was this truck turned an 8.96 (1/8) last Friday and it better do that or better when I get it back!

------------------
99.5 Red Ligntning, Syn Oil, Eldebrock 5512 muffler, MT ET Streets, Bugflector, G&H Lens covers,
70 Vette LS-6 454

Old 07-25-2000 | 02:37 PM
I like to take my dry shot with me to the lexus dealership. you ought to see their faces when you take it out of your trunk and put it into the truck of their "courtesy vehicle"

Old 07-25-2000 | 02:51 PM
Noel-

I would be willing to let you roll one of my M/T slicks around the block if that will make you feel better??? I am going to need it back by Friday, will it fit in the trunk of that Taurus?

Alex

[This message has been edited by 1BADFRD (edited 07-25-2000).]

Old 07-25-2000 | 02:53 PM
Smile

I was wondering why you have been so bitter lately Noelvm!

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:03 PM
|
Talking

I hear what you are saying PACECAR18 and the reason is this. I took a new job, the hours were long, the work was high pressure and they didn't pay me what they said they would. I resigned Monday. I'm afraid I have been taking out my frustrations on everyone, I apologize to all.
Noel

[This message has been edited by noelvm (edited 07-25-2000).]

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:19 PM
Red face

Noel,
Let me know how the window fix goes,I have the same thing on the passenger side.It sounds like *****. I had it in for the same thing back in Apr,they "lubed" the track.All that did was get the window greasy! Didn't do a damn thing for the noise.

Hitman

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:23 PM
|
Talking

The fix for the window is for them to replace the regulator. Trust me, this they all know how to fix this problem as it is very pervasive.(see platora)
noelvm

[This message has been edited by noelvm (edited 07-25-2000).]

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:34 PM
Noel-

Are you going to take that Taurus to HRP Wednesday? Not sure If I am going to go...

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:34 PM
Double post - Whoops!

[This message has been edited by 1BADFRD (edited 07-25-2000).]

Old 07-25-2000 | 03:39 PM
Noelvm,

No hard feelings here buddy!

I hope you get your truck fixed soon and with good care. I'm not sure the board can take anymore pictures like Georgia_moons pictures.

Definately make use of that Taurus so you can vent some of that stress. Front wheel drive burnoffs work great when you not so accidently leave the parking brake on.

Old 07-25-2000 | 04:16 PM
Noelvm,
What dealership is your truck at right now? I took mine in a couple of weeks ago and they just filled my reservoir with dye. I have been trying to get it back to them since last week, but have been to busy. Perhaps later today or tomorrow I can bring back to Tommie Vaughn.

Just curious.

Mike B.

------------------
Mike B. '92 GT, '99 GT convertible, '99.5 Lightning
Houston Performance Chip
Pro-M 80 MAF
Bassani Full exhaust

Best ET 13.16@103.84

Old 07-25-2000 | 04:31 PM
|
Talking

I'm at Joe Myers on 290. I know all the guys. They ordered my intercooler some time ago and it's been in for awhile. Free loaners (they only have 2) are harder to schedule and we just got together and I got it today. Joe Myers just reduced (read changed) the override they pay their service writers for a loss to Gordon, my guy, of about 20%. He's really pi$$ed and will probably go to another dealership. Talk about being penny wise and dollar foolish. If Gordon leaves a bunch of people, including me, will go with him. They'll loose money not save money. I will write a letter to the GM too and provide my .02 worth. I told'em I had to have my L back by Friday noon and it will be ready Friday noon.
noelvm

Old 07-25-2000 | 04:38 PM
adp
Thumbs down

They have to replace the window regulator and another part. I can't find my invoice so I don't remember what the other part is. For some reason, the regulators seem to be in short supply; it took 8 weeks for mine to arrive. Could it be that they are requiring too many repairs?

The mechanics don't like to do it. I think the flat rate manual only gives them 30 minutes to do it and the average mechanic can't do it in that time. In Ford's infinite wisdom, they riveted all of the parts that maneuver the window so the rivets have to be drilled out for the fix and re-riveted again for the repair. It took my dealership two hours to do the repair.

------------------
adp
Black '99

Old 07-25-2000 | 04:46 PM
NOELVM, I have to decline your offer to borrow my Lightning. I think I have a good and diplomatic excuse. I live probably over a 1000 miles from you.

Old 07-25-2000 | 05:01 PM
|
Talking

I'm sorry REDLITE, I meant SVT99 who because he has redlighted the last 3 weeks in a row, we have knicknamed redlite. Didn't mean to steal your handle. We'll call him REDLITE GROSS. Sounds better anyway. If he makes it thru Friday nite without a red we'll cut him some slack for awhile. I will point out (before he does) that he has more trophys than any of the rest of us here, so I figure we can rag him a little.
noelvm