Lightning

Mr. Asdeman

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2000 | 10:21 PM
|
Talking Mr. Asdeman

Can you share any information on your 3/4 lowing kit. I put the 2 drop on my truck but I really want the 3/4 drop. What did you do the front end and are you happy with the way it drives? Is the back just shackles and did you need to use wedges to line the drive shaft back up?
Thanks for your time and help,
Alvin

------------------
99.5 Ford Lightning - Full Bassani exhaust, Swanson Performance Chip,Pro-m,undersized pulley,3.73 ears,Transgo shift kit,cobra type hood, snug top cover,2" drop in back, yellow stripes down red truck.
13.01 @ 103.6, 378 RWHP
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4294235379

Old 07-26-2000 | 11:49 PM
The Beltech lowering repalce the front SVT coil springs & shocks. This lowers the frontend 3". The back end has a complete new rear hangers and brackets which are adjustable from about 3" to 4" drop. I was going with the 4" at the beginning but moved it back up 1/2" for better looks. The truck launches much better but the ride quality is problably a little worse than stock. I think it defintley handles the back curvy roads much better being lowered than before. I really didn't want to lose the ride quality but I will for the improved lauching ( weight distribution is perfect now) and improved handling so I can stay ahead of those cobras on the Oklahoma backroads.

Later,
Terry

------------------
99.5 Factory Red Clearcoat, Chromed SVT rims, Polished Billet Grills, F1 Cobra Hood, Color matched Lo-pro snuglid, clear corner lenses & tailights, superchipped, sal air filter, Bel-tech 3/4 lowering kit, okole seat covers (red), rhino liner, color matched muth mirrors, 25 piece REd carbon fiber dashboard kit, JBA headers and V1 radar detector.
BTW-Some secret stuff...
Completed on 4/21/00.
Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by asdeman (edited 07-26-2000).]

Old 07-27-2000 | 12:40 AM
I have the same kit. Only thing is I'm waiting on shocks, so It is not done yet I won't know the full effect until koni finishes my shocks. But right now it looks 110% better and does seem to handle better, Still have yet to lay into it.... not until shocks are in, hehe also got a new chip on the way.

Quick Reply: Mr. Asdeman