Lightning

CALLING CA!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2000 | 10:23 PM
|
Talking CALLING CA!

Hey CA,

My wife wants to know if they ever fixed your gas gage or you just gave up? I've got to get hers in before the warranty runs out.
noelvm

------------------
99.5 Red Ligntning, Syn Oil, Eldebrock 5512 muffler, MT Streets, Bugflector, G&H Lens covers,
70 Vette LS-6

Old 07-20-2000 | 08:00 AM
I have a question for CA also.

Would you please send me an Email (I don't have your work Email address anymore) and I really NEED your help.

Thanks!
Trace

Old 07-20-2000 | 10:58 AM
NOEL,

Nope They didn't it is still flickering. Part that makes me mad...I took it in and left it with them, they let some tech I don't even know test drive it the Friday before the 4th of July weekend in rush hour traffic. I get a call from Wheels telling me that my truck is on County Line just hot rodding around. So I call the dealership. Ask what's up. Okay keep in mind they told me already that the whole thing has been taken care of since they replaced the fuel sender not more than a week prior. So I ask why they waited til then to do it. They have had the truck for 3 days and are just now getting around to it? So he actually tells me well, we didn't know what was wrong with it the first time you brought it in and we still don't. It was either take it out or let it run in the parking lot for an hour and see what happens. I was like WHAT??? I understand they need to have the problem duplicate before they can trouble shoot and fix it. But c'mon. I say, Look nobody drives my truck. Not my dad, my brother, hell not even my boyfriend and he has his own Lightning. If I can't trust you guys to be up front with me I damn sure don't want you behind the wheel of her. Bring her back, park her I'll be there after work to get her and I expect that I will have gas and you will be putting gas in this loaner as well. That was my mistake. I have a PSP chip. When I got the truck back there were another 30 miles on it and they put 20 gallons of 85 octane. It took me a week for the detonation to subside Octane boost and all. I am currently waiting to hear back from the zone rep. I not happy.

Trace get ahold of me at CBubeck@Carlson.com. Otherwise email me here at aol cause I check my email though out the day hunny.

Love
CA

Old 07-20-2000 | 11:40 AM
Smile

CAngel

I know we have talked about this a little bit already, but I wanted to mention something.

I think they were driving your truck to get rid of the gas so they could drop the fuel tank. This doesn't make too much sense since I thought they propped up the bed to work on the fuel tank sender.

There is no excuse for them driving your truck none the less, but I just wanted to try and put your mind at ease in regards to the reason they were driving your truck. If you want I would be willing to look at it for you and see if its just a bad ground.

Big hug from me!

Laterz

[This message has been edited by Pacecar18 (edited 07-20-2000).]

Old 07-22-2000 | 12:36 AM
Jared that might make sense if that is what they had told me...or if they had had the common sense to lie and SAY that when I asked but they specifically said to me, we have to drive the truck and see if we can get it to duplicate it and it was either that or *and this was what really pissed me off* let it sit in the parking lot and run for an hour. When I brought my truck in I was under the impression from what they told me that they knew what the problem was. All I ever ask of them is they let me know what I is going on. I would have settled for a Gee Christy we have no idea what the hell is wrong with your truck but is it alright if we let Gomer test drive it around town to which they would have gotten a HELL NO but at least this would have all been avoided. Ya know. When they have her I call like twice a day to make sure everything is ok. So if it isn't I expect to be told. I even make it easy for them, they don't have to track me down I call them...So Jared it was a nice try but I still don't see any reason to justify this situation.
CA

Old 07-22-2000 | 07:49 PM
CA, I would love to know what the final fix is to this. As I stated before, there is NO REASON that they would need to do an extended drive to verify a complaint on this type of problem.

If they had a competent electrical tech., I suspect that they could have found the problem and fixed it instead of blowing hot air.

It is very easy for the techs to drain fuel either by using a NGS or by jumping the fuel pump relay. No driving needed for that either.

Personally, I am inclined to think that the microprocessor that controls the gauge is at fault, but that is just my impression.

Please post an update when you can!

Old 07-24-2000 | 07:38 PM
BTT for CA.....

Old 07-25-2000 | 09:21 AM
LightningKid

CAngel's fuel guage issue still has not been fixed.

I think she is just living with it for now and I doubt she will take it back to her dealership. I may look at it for her when I get some free time.

Old 07-25-2000 | 11:45 AM
Thanks Pace, I hope she/you raise some hell with the zone rep about this....
No reason to just have to live with it

Good luck.

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:13 AM
Hey Kiddo

Still dealing with the problem. Seems anymore like it is usually present when I am at anywhere between 1/2-1/4 tank. Then it gets all squirrely. Sometimes I will start the truck and it won't move at all. Kinda sketchy. I won't take it back to that dealership and I am still waiting on some sort of response in regards to the follow up action taken by this rep. In the mean time I hope I will get to see Jared this weekend and maybe he can do something. I have a question...if they could diagnose the problem at the shop would they have to hook the truck up to a computer that would tell them the chip is in? Because I had her in there both times with the chip and kit in and neither times did anyone so much as ask...Does that seem odd or would there be no cause for them to even know it was there with this problem?
CA

Old 07-26-2000 | 08:06 PM
CA, since the problem with the gauge does not involve the engine processor, they would/should not know about it unless they were specifically looking for it.

They should use a NGS or WDS to diagnose the instrument cluster though.

Old 07-26-2000 | 09:16 PM
|
Talking

CA,
You'll love this. My wife says come out and look and my car (mountaineer). I turned the key on and the antenna is going up and down and the radio is going on and off. Sure enough, really crazy. Do you think the radio has been hanging out with the gas gage?
Yesterday the gas gage went from 1/2 full to empty with warning lite on to 1/4 to 1/2 before she could get to the gas station.
noelvm

Old 07-26-2000 | 11:57 PM
HAHA NOEL

I will admit that my truck has a problem and we are seeking professional help. But I am afraid that your wifes truck will need a priest.

LK,

Good deal. I was wondering if in fact it was necessary to put my warranty at risk to have this remedied. If it was and they are not calling me on the chip, then they are not doing what NEEDS to be done to fix the owie. Thanks

CA

Old 07-27-2000 | 07:47 AM
Guys (and Gals), if you're running a chip...
Remove it before you go in to the shop.
I'm not sure about a first Gen NGS, but a second Gen NGS/WDS will show the chip as a code, you will not have to be looking for it.
Also disconnect the battery, I'm told the that disconnecting the Negitive Side is best.

Steven

Quick Reply: CALLING CA!