Lightning

Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2000 | 10:43 AM
Hey 95rcobra. The fact remains that the corvette is 1500 pounds lighter. And I bet you know what a difference 1500 pounds makes in quarter mile performance. A new 150 hp sportbike will beat anything because it is light. I just dont like it when someone badmouths something I drive and love. I have both the LS1 and Lightning. Love them both but no comparison in performance. And I know it is because the vette has less hp but enough less weight to beat the Lightning. I dont believe stories of someone beating a dozen new corvettes with a chipped and filtered lightning thats all.

Old 07-08-2000 | 12:12 AM
Hey Badpit, what you are saying is exactly what i mean. its very impressive that a pickup truck 1500 lbs heavier with only 15 more horsepower can compete with the vette. did you check out hot rod mags road test between the vette and the lightning. vette ran 13.3 and the lightning ran 13.68. i dont think thats a huge difference that a few mods wont help. plus you know as well as i that most of the people driving performance cars on the street really don't drive them like they can be driven.

Old 07-13-2000 | 11:31 AM
DUCK and Fake,
I'll be up there Sunday give me an email address and I'll get up with you guys during the week sometime.

Tt

Old 07-13-2000 | 01:02 PM
Interesting Factoid:

The Corvette pulled 1.00G on the skid-pad (current R&T)... and runs Lightning Tires (Eagle F1s)!

Maybe the L tires dont suck?!

-Dreamin
'00 L

Old 07-14-2000 | 08:20 AM
The Z06 has a special compound of the F1 called the F1-SC it is a non-runflat unlike what is normally seen on the standard vette. I have been reading on this board for quite some time because I am contemplating buying and L, yes I have a vette and I have to say it is pretty nice, but the L is also. The Corvette 6-speed in the right hands even stock does really well. Just a little schooling about the weight thing. Hp doesn't get you going it keeps you going, torque is what makes the L so competitive with its weight. I think the Z06 will be popular at first, but with superchargers and head and cam packages for the LS1, I think most people will just modify their current car. The new standard vette is supposed to be faster than the old because of a new cam profile for better torque down low. By the way what can I expect to get from an L in the quarter with the standard basic bolt-ons?

------------------
99C5 6-speed, 12.88 @ 108

[This message has been edited by 99C5 (edited 07-14-2000).]

Old 07-14-2000 | 10:40 AM
SVT54SC-

Email for Duck- duck01@tamu.edu
Email for Fake- superstang97@aol.com
emial for me- brianp@tamu.edu

Give us a holler!

Old 07-24-2000 | 03:17 PM
Red face

check it out here: http://www.corvettemuseum.com
It is to bad that SVT doesn't provide the same type of coverage/info on the L.

------------------
99 RED Lightning
90 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
67 Mercury Cougar XR7 GT

Old 07-24-2000 | 06:50 PM
Cool

I had, repeat HAD a 1998 blk 6spd vette. It was definately a love-hate relationship. "Love" because it had great power, decent handling (it really wasn't all that great, just such a huge improvement over the old vettes), incredible gas mileage (got thirty mpg on the highway at 70) and a removable top all for a reasonable price. "Hate" because it fell apart in so many areas (80 days in the shop in 17 mos.) and every time I brought it in to the dealer (tried 3 different ones) I cringed at what damage was going to be done by people who simply didn't understand the car or cared to learn enough to help me. I wanted to love that car, oh how I wanted to...
The Bolt is still so very new, but what a tight machine. No squeaks, no rattles and who can ignore the SC whine? The torque, as someone said earlier, is what makes me love this truck like no other. So, my hats off to the Corvette for what it wants to be, hats off to the L for what it truly is...

Old 07-24-2000 | 10:28 PM
F1, you must have found gene pool of retards if they can't beat you in how many races>>> LOL. I guess everything is bigger in Tx and faster too...

Old 07-25-2000 | 08:14 PM
MNLightning:
You hit the nail right on the head. F1car is from Texas the gene pool captial of the world for retards.
I have not been back there since the 80's when I went to jail for putting 2 retards in the hospital over a pool game. These guys had to be related to this retard or even 1 could have been him. I'll know if I ever run into the loser because I knocked out his 2 front teeth in about 10 microseconds.

later,
Terry

------------------
99.5 Factory Red Clearcoat, Chromed SVT rims, Polished Billet Grills, F1 Cobra Hood, Color matched Lo-pro snuglid, clear corner lenses & tailights, superchipped, sal air filter, Bel-tech 3/4 lowering kit, okole seat covers (red), rhino liner, color matched muth mirrors, 25 piece REd carbon fiber dashboard kit, JBA headers and V1 radar detector.
BTW-Some secret stuff...
Completed on 4/21/00.
Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by asdeman (edited 07-25-2000).]

Old 07-25-2000 | 09:44 PM
YEAH, F1, IF I WHERE ASDEMAN I WOULD ALSO BE PROUD, F1 U CANT BEAT THE BACKHILLS AND THE HICKS OF GOOD OLD STINKIN OAKLAWN....LOL, SUPRISES ME THAT ASDEMAN CAN READ----OH MY GOD HE CAN TYPE TOO!!!

Old 07-25-2000 | 11:39 PM
LoCoX LiGhTnInG:

You ob·vi·ous·ly can't read or write. My message was referred to F1car not you retard.
I guess that gene pool of retards is expanding faster than ever by means of inbreeding.
BTW, Do you have both front teeth or should I ask do you have any teeth.

------------------
99.5 Factory Red Clearcoat, Chromed SVT rims, Polished Billet Grills, F1 Cobra Hood, Color matched Lo-pro snuglid, clear corner lenses & tailights, superchipped, sal air filter, Bel-tech 3/4 lowering kit, okole seat covers (red), rhino liner, color matched muth mirrors, 25 piece REd carbon fiber dashboard kit, JBA headers and V1 radar detector.
BTW-Some secret stuff...
Completed on 4/21/00.
Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2000 | 12:10 AM
DreaminAboutL

Let me tell you after having my extra set of 17" regular all season radials on my L for a week and putting the F1's back on, I really appreciate how good they really do perform. Those all seasons on an L can get you in trouble REALLY fast; aggresive driving is almost impossible.

99C5

The sigs of a lot of owners here equates to somewhere around mid to low 13's with basic bolt-ons. My PSP chip and K&N filter get me a 13.61.

Old 07-26-2000 | 02:57 PM
Talking

There about 4 kinds of F1 tires and they are all very different. The Lightning tires don't fit on the vette, and vice versa. they aren't even available in the same sizes. And the L F1-GS is for sport Trucks.

------------------
Red 99

Old 07-27-2000 | 09:05 AM
hey bad pitt not cuting on vettes or gm but just last night i beat a newer vette at test and tune my time 13,54 his 13,76 also beat one on the street 3.5 truck lengths after eighth mile measured next day and i was as supprised as he was. also beat 99ss at strip and at .cyberbrawl i beat z28 all lsi motors. yes im modded a little .but don't be claiming that lightnings can't beat ls1s because it is bull someday im sure one will beat me and the z06 will beat me unless i do a lot more mods but if they come out with the rumored v10 supercharged lightning[somebody claims to have driven prototype] 12.1 at strip i will be the first one in line.

------------------
00 black team swanson

Quick Reply: Corvette Z06