Lightning

my baby rear ended HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000 | 10:52 PM
|
Red face my baby rear ended HELP

Well, it only took 4 weeks and 6 days but somebody got me. All in all I'm handeling it pretty well.

I need all the experts help.

I was the front car. Behind me some poor guy in a BMW 3 Series (the guy in the mniddle) and at the end, the cause of it all, a lady in a Cadillac Eldorado.

Stopped at light, she hit him, him into me. My truck actually does not APPEAR to be too bad. The rear bumper is pushed in in the middle and the whloe bumper seems a litle further in all together. No apparant damage to the body or anything else (trailer hitch is totaled)....

But what I need to know is this. I'm taking it to my insurance claims on Monday. What should I have them look for that might be damaged that is not readily seen? I'm guessing they should check the frame, but what should I point out? Transmission, driveshaft, what? Please help with any info as my knowledge of these things is less than limited. Thanks.

Damn.

Old 07-21-2000 | 11:11 PM
*wiping the tears* SO sorry to hear about your truck!!

Absolutely, check the frame! Doesn't sound like yours was too hard of a hit, but if it destroyed the trailer hitch, you do need to check the frame. Insist on it! Right now, we have a 99 Expedition in the shop that was sandwiched between 2 small cars and State Farm has now approved a total frame replacement. The current frame will straighten, but the integrity of it is gone. The customer tows a large boat with the truck and it just isn't safe one way or another. Still didn't total the damn thing.

One piece of advice with insurance companies. Scream the loudest and you WILL get your way. I deal with it everyday, you just have to show your backbone and it will all work out.

Trace www.nloc.org

Old 07-22-2000 | 01:56 PM
|
Thanks Trace

I'll be screaming loudly on Monday.

Old 07-22-2000 | 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear you got nailed. I got rearended recently (post ouch). My insurance company handed me the check on the spot. My mistake was to not give World Ford the check (minus deductable) when I dropped the L off a week ago Friday Still waiting for parts to come. Give them a deposit of sorts and tell them to call you when the parts have arrived. What I resent is the different stories I have been getting from different people (and in one case from the same person) What to watch for is if the fender is slightly bowed. May need to be replaced. Good luck with the repairs...Ken

Old 07-23-2000 | 01:50 PM
|
btt

Old 07-27-2000 | 10:00 AM
hey,

i had the same thing happen, make sure to look for fractures in the fender, i had those. my entire bed was shifted and it created a dent in the cab. didnt have any frame damage, but the bumper was replaced. the guy rear ended me just on the right side of my truck, not square on, that's why the bed shifted and cracked. but have them check the alignment of the bed and the ground effects. mine were screwed up after the hit. oh yeah, and always complain, won't hurt, and don't pay until you're happy. if you're not happy don't accept delivery of the truck. good luck

tommy

Quick Reply: my baby rear ended HELP