Lightning

Lightning motor in '96 F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2000 | 04:52 PM
|
i'm in the process of doing this now, i'll be installing it in august and i'll take some pics and post them. it looks like with the rear sump oil pan the 5.4 should sit down in there nicely, but you know that nothing ever goes the easy way at least for me. here is a pic of the truck that it is going in http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4294247329 hope you like it.

Old 07-27-2000 | 07:15 PM
Really Old "Member"

As posted long ago,I purchased one of the crate motors with the idea of putting it into a 1956 F100 but it got too complicated.
I have my motor for sale for $4500, a very fair price I think, and have had a few interested parties look into it.

This fellow is trying to minimize the complications as we think that a lot of the electronics and interfaces will be easier with, for example, a '96 as compared to a non electronic/computer controlled vehicle.

A lot of the "normal" accessories should swap over and he should be able to use the existing trannie I guess if he built it up and didn't get on the loud pedal too hard or too often.

I will follow the development of your swap with great interest.

Bill

Old 07-28-2000 | 12:18 AM
Really Old "Member"
Post Lightning motor in '96 F150

A customer in my store is interested in the possibility of installing one of the Lightning Crate Motors in a '96 F150.

Has anyone tried this yet, and how did it turn out?

Bill

------------------
99.5 Lightning
Build #247
PSP Chip/Filter
Bassani full system
White/normal options
Tamiya 1/10 scale Bolt
Several old trucks/cars
Thunder & Lightning
Rag Doll Cats
E-mail MOSTOYSINC@AOL.com