Lightning

Truck won't stay running

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006 | 02:35 PM
Had a similar problem recently, only thing is mine was harder to start, and stumbled on the way home from work shutting off two times. First thing I checked was the fuel filter, and what came out looked like pepsi. I changed the filter and it fired right up, ran better but bogged down when going into boost.

Took the L into Ford, I did not tell them about what came out of the filter, I wanted them to diagnose it themselves and they said it needed a new fuel pump but I kinda knew something else was up, anyways they installed the new pump under warranty and got a call saying that the pump wasn't the problem, they had found sludge in the gas tank so they had to remove, clean and flush the entire fuel line and install a new fuel filter. I ended up paying the labor fees only. Truck runs great now.

Sorry for the long story but it might be what's happning with yours, looks like I sucked up the dredges from the bottom of a tank in the gas station.

Good luck in finding your problem....Bert.

Old 09-09-2006 | 02:52 PM
|
Checked a few things this morning. No vacum leaks. No fuel pressure problem (spot-on). Found the culprit though.......

I let it idle for a minute...and "tapped" the IAC. As soon as I tapped it...it started running fine. Went to NAPA...bought a new one....popped it on...and.....

Was a bit confused as I have cleaned this thing a few times prior. So I called and talked to a Ford tech and they said that the can fail at times. Hmmmm Learn something new everyday.

Old 09-09-2006 | 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by afchad
Checked a few things this morning. No vacum leaks. No fuel pressure problem (spot-on). Found the culprit though.......

I let it idle for a minute...and "tapped" the IAC. As soon as I tapped it...it started running fine. Went to NAPA...bought a new one....popped it on...and.....

Was a bit confused as I have cleaned this thing a few times prior. So I called and talked to a Ford tech and they said that the can fail at times. Hmmmm Learn something new everyday.

Old 09-09-2006 | 07:33 PM
Glad you figured out that one Chad.

Old 09-09-2006 | 09:50 PM
|
Originally Posted by LightningToGo
Glad you figured out that one Chad.
Me too...was getting worried. Figured the bank got pissed since I just paid it off and put sugar in my gas or something

My hood FINALLY goes on tomorrow. I will post pics of it

Old 09-11-2006 | 07:42 AM

Quick Reply: Truck won't stay running