Lightning

4rts2nv what about those cams

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2000 | 08:48 AM
|
Question 4rts2nv what about those cams

i saw in a thread to BaBolt that you had a source for new cams any grind. where and who do i talk to? please send contact phone # to my email, w_frahler@msn.com thanks for your time, ward

Old 07-27-2000 | 03:30 PM
Angry

4rts2nv (Farts To Envy?!!) - Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? Lighten up!

I have found BABolt to be incredibly helpful in sharing his contacts with the Lightning community.

------------------
HotRodSix
'98 STX Flairside 4.2L Auto
Best 1/4: 16.03 sec. @ 85.9 mph
Dyno: 180 rwhp / 228 ft-lb

Old 07-27-2000 | 03:38 PM
4rts2nv, what’s the deal?
I met you in real life; you seemed to be a nice guy. But after this post/flame of a personnel friend, whom I feel has contributed significantly; I have to reconsider my first impression.

Steven

Old 07-27-2000 | 04:16 PM
Wink

come on guys, i thought it was open season on helpful members around here.

Old 07-27-2000 | 04:30 PM
Unhappy

Brandon
I don't know what your problem is since I have never met you. You sure don't tell a very fair and least of all accurate story. Why not let every one here know that the cylinder heads that were being developed were dropped off at the (cylinder head guy) by me. Who do you think really got this thing going? Also when Al asked if I would get a set for you I said yes and sold them to him at my discount price. There was no profit involved and that when he also asked that the first set go to you, I said OK. Also the second second set is to go to " High Risk" and the final set were to then be mine. Maybe if you had taken the time to do some research and reviewed old posts you would seen where I have posted a great deal of information names and numbers and how to get things done. It is a shame that when you try to do things that you run into someone that is bend on tearing you down. I have never called someone a name on this board and I will not start now. I have seen many posts where people have mentioned that this board has lost some quality now I see it first hand. Do you really know how long it take to get some things done. I had ordered these heads the 3rd of May and waited over 5 weeks to receive them all. Then I had to use them for header development. Not to mention tieing up my Lightning over 4 week.
PS. Ward, we spoke of this kind of stuff last night. It is the side of human nature that I most dislike.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Old 07-27-2000 | 04:33 PM
|
Unhappy

wow! if you don't want to share right now thats ok, i was just interested and maybe when you get it proven you can share your results, but i have to say this or i wouldn't feel right. a friend of mine recently bought a new L from a dealership in detroit and we drove up there to pick it up. i had talked with babolt a couple of times and asked to meet him in person, he gave directoins to his home. while there i also got to meet silverbullet. they spent about 3hrs.,(took time out thier busy schedules), with us discussing different aspects of the lightning and its drive train. very helpful and informative. thing with babolt from what i have seen is that the things he shows us he is doing the r&d and the manufacturing so many are one off items, very expensive and time consuming to duplicate. he's not doing it for a busines but out of the love of motorsporting. he tries to get us to think, hhmmm, what if? i know he won't even reply to something negative said, he'll just go on producing cool things and challenging our minds. i'm glad i got to meet these 2 people. thanks again BaBolt and silverbullet.

Old 07-27-2000 | 04:35 PM
|
Thumbs up

oops, maybe he will respond, thumbs up BaBolt.

Old 07-27-2000 | 04:43 PM
BABolt

Thanks for help you've given me in the past.
Still hope to meet you someday.

Lightning Bob

Old 07-27-2000 | 04:48 PM
Babolt,

Maybe in the past you have been helpfull with giving information and contacts to people. From what I've seen it seems that you just like show off what "I have and you don't" It seems like you don't want to give anybody any info, wheels, drive shaft loop. I don't know how long I read about you and highrisk talking in code about the brake calipers, oval t/b, and the wheel adaptors. Why keep things from people? I could understand if you planned on selling this stuff for profit! But you have said in the past that your not in this profit. Did you ever think that if you just tell people abot your Idea that maybe someone else could have some good ideas too. I thought that was what this board was all about.

I must say that I really appreciate the heads, but you got those for Al. Any time that I have asked you about any of your mods I have felt that I've been brushed off. Do you remember that whole "I from California" thing. That just rubbed me the wrong way. I really didn't know how to take you after that. When I made the post about the t/b linkage, and the cams. You sent me an e-mail asking about the cams, but nothing about the linkage. I wasn't asking you to give me the the linkage if there was anywhere to get it. simple enough. That was what sent me postal.

I' sorry I called you the "worlds biggest A-hole" I didn't mean it. I just wanted to get a rise out of you.

I hope you'll accept my appology. I would like to meet you someday. You do have a lot of cool mods. Maybe it's mod envy!

[This message has been edited by 4rts2nv (edited 07-27-2000).]

Old 07-27-2000 | 05:10 PM
From what I know of Babolt he is a super nice guy and was great in helping me get part numbers for my brake rotors.

I do have one complaint, which is bugging more than just me.

BABOLT

Post a picture of your truck from the back with the 315's...please!

Seriously though BABOLT has never kept any of his mods to himself so I'm not sure where you got that idea 4rts2nv.

Old 07-27-2000 | 05:21 PM
Someone must of done more then pissed in his Cheerios?

BaBolt has been very very helpful to me. Always been nice a professional in what he dose. I just dont see where you get off saying that stuff and acting like this.

Old 07-27-2000 | 05:31 PM
Silverbullet,

You let everyone have it! don't get mad at me because I said one thing about your buddy! What about poor Sal. You where part of that linch mob, weren't ya? You guys sent him home crying! J/K!!

Have you had that new chip to the track yet? sure sounds good!!

------------------
complete Bassani system
PSP Chip
4"idx10" conical K&N filter
windows & windshield tinted

Old 07-27-2000 | 05:37 PM
HotRodSix,

You bet I got Farts 2nv. Would you like me to bottle some and send it to ya! J/K!!!

Old 07-27-2000 | 05:49 PM
Talking

Brandon,
When I spoke with you via IM it was pure out of the blue. It is something that I just do not do. Since I did not know you I said that I was from Calif. If in conversing I would have thought that you were a jerk I would have said goodby and you would have never known who I was.I like to make sure I know the people that I talk too. It is just a feeling of comfort. On the Throttle bodies just like the heads I got a good price so I bought 6 but I only had 3 of the brackets so in talking to Justen I asked if he would post a query. As I stated I never thought I would get that type of reply. Also about your cam post I was made aware of it by Ward, I never saw it. Story on the wheels Bob got to be the "Test Car Dummy" that was what he wanted he is a brave soul and it worked. I think that the cost to do the 15 inch drag wheels is very high. I posted the names of the wheel manufacture and the adapter maker too even gave him drawings with with specs. No bucks made there. On the throttle bodies I need to either purchase the bracket of fab one up. I asked my friend if he wants to help there. The problem is this stuff takes time. Basically some of the stuff that I do involves a lot of trial and error. I don't talk about that.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Old 07-27-2000 | 06:27 PM
Stupid AOL Keeps logging me off!
Aol is now the worlds biggest A-hole.

Mike,

First off I know how you really where 5 minutes in to our conversation, Aol has this little thing called a profile that it lets everyone read if they want to. With that said, I'm done with all of this bs and would like to get back to making our Lightnings faster.

I totaly understand the whole time and money thing. You must spend a lot on some of this stuff. All I'm trying to say is that there are alot of people out there have good ideas too and are willing to help. Just something to remember. There might be some people out there with some useful connections!

So should we hold onto the cam stuff untill one of use gets a chance to test it. (you, Bob. Or me) I know part of it needs to stay quite for a Little bit butt that is because It belongs to someone else.

So, I guess the linkage needs to come off the stock t/b if you want the mod now?

Babolt you have my e-mail address!

Quick Reply: 4rts2nv what about those cams