Lightning

Help please.... autometer fuel pressure guage How To needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006 | 09:56 PM
|
Help please.... autometer fuel pressure guage How To needed

Hey guys, I am going to pick up an autometer fuel pressure guage tomorrow. I tried to search for the tips on the install but didnt find what I'm looking for. I even looked on Skelton's page but no luck. Has someone got a link for a detailed install? I would like to pick up the other stuff I will need but I need major help....The "install for dummies" would help. Thanks in advance...

Old 09-17-2006 | 11:12 PM
Do a "search" on here or on NLOC Forums. There must be at least a dozen+ "how to's" on here or on NLOC - with photos, etc. Thats what I did a couple of years ago when I installed mine - answered any question I might have had.

Old 09-18-2006 | 05:42 PM
|
I have already tried the search. Didnt find what I wanted. Found a few threads with a little discussion about parts of the install. Nothing from top to bottom or pictures of anything. Thanks for the input, I guess I'll just wing it.

Old 09-18-2006 | 07:47 PM
You should get all the install data with the package.

If you have no data contact your supplier.
Or Autometer direct.

If all else fails post tomorrow and I will go to my workshop and find the info for you and scan it.

It's an easy install

Old 09-19-2006 | 01:00 PM
|
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I have ordered it and it should be in tomorrow. This is my first fuel guage install. I did the boost about a year ago with no problems. It's much easier when it's listed step by step from someone who has done it on the same vehicle. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2006 | 01:57 PM
This is not hard to install and when I installed mine several years ago on my 01L, I first "searched" in here and on the NLOC forums for any info that I didn't know. Unless Autometer includes one, you'll need an adapter to go between the fuel rail and the sender. There are threads on here that will show you what the adapter looks like and the part number. Also - there are threads on here that suggest mounting the sender in a remote location (I didn't do this, but you mught want to consider it) - and these also show the lines needed to do so. Also, if you need info on the lighting circuit, there should be several threads that suggest where to wire up to. I personnally wired it into to the ashtray light circuit, but there are sources to wire to.

Quick Reply: Help please.... autometer fuel pressure guage How To needed