Lightning

New L owner with some questions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006 | 10:24 PM
|
New L owner with some questions?

Whats up guys! I bought a super clean 04 L about a month ago with 17,800 miles on her. I want to get the rwhp up to 400 without going too extreme because I did purchase the extended 100,000 mile warranty. To start i was thinking; cai, sbtb, c&l upper intake, diablo programmer with a psp tune? and bassani cat back system. What do u guys think? Whats the best bang for the buck to get 40 more rwhp? Also i am gonna lower it to level it out and suck up that wheel well gap with 20's. Thinking 1.5" in the front and up to 4.5" in the rear with an Eibach system. Any inputs?

Old 09-19-2006 | 10:59 PM
ChihadBinWreckin- Whats up! I find myself in the boat as yourself. I too am a proud new owner of an 03 L with low miles. I am making the decisions day by day about what performance upgrades should be enhanced. I want to make sure that I make the safest and most efficient mods of my truck. If anyone can tell you what mods are the safest for your truck its probably this forum. Welcome ..... Ive been all over the web and one constant name comes up.
TROYER PERFORMANCE
Call Mike and Im he sure he can point you in the most right direction.. Welcome to the Party!(Sickness)

Old 09-20-2006 | 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by ChihadBinWreckn
Whats up guys! I bought a super clean 04 L about a month ago with 17,800 miles on her. I want to get the rwhp up to 400 without going too extreme because I did purchase the extended 100,000 mile warranty. To start i was thinking; cai, sbtb, c&l upper intake, diablo programmer with a psp tune? and bassani cat back system. What do u guys think? Whats the best bang for the buck to get 40 more rwhp? Also i am gonna lower it to level it out and suck up that wheel well gap with 20's. Thinking 1.5" in the front and up to 4.5" in the rear with an Eibach system. Any inputs?
Do your main 3 mods. Chip, CAI and bottom pulley. This should put you at or around 400, depending upon how aggressive your tune is.

Old 09-20-2006 | 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by promodlightning
Do your main 3 mods. Chip, CAI and bottom pulley. This should put you at or around 400, depending upon how aggressive your tune is.

And the most important mod, the SEARCH icon.

Old 09-20-2006 | 12:56 PM
|
I was thinking about installing a 6# lower pulley but i am a little sketchy about it because from what I have read it puts more wear and tear on the S/C? Any of you guys ever had any problems with this issue? I hear it produces more heat also? i dont plan on racing the L but a few times to see how fast it is.

Quick Reply: New L owner with some questions?