Lightning

SALS WEBSITE WITH GREAT NEW BBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2000 | 07:59 AM
Sal even after what happened here has the nerve to have this in the registration:
"Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB."

That is too funny...

Old 08-01-2000 | 09:13 AM
Thumbs down

SilverBullet,
I really dont think you know all the politics behind this to make such a claim. What did Sal really do here? He was told long ago about what to say and what not so say in his posts.
We have no clue what has been said privately between Sal and Steve about the matter. There is more to this that we are reading here, trust me. The best thing to do is just drop it
As for profit, Do you work everyday for charity? I dont think so.

Now let me ask myself, Why does he have a board? Hmmmmmmm let's see..... maybe so can improve on PSP.What so wrong with that? Why do you make it seem like a bad thing?

Listen, I have nothing against you, but it seems like your shooting for Sal constantly. Maybe something happened between you two that the rest of us do not know about, who knows....see ya' in September we'll discuss this over a few

------------------
Spiro-TEAM PSP
BLK. #1476

Best run to date
12.753 @107.98
Best 60` 1.84
Best m.p.h. 107.98
@ 4700 lbs.
"Empty Pockets Racing"Drag Race Team NJ-DE
Spiro99SVT@aol.com
LAUNCH HARD

Old 08-01-2000 | 02:36 PM
Here are some COLD FACTS coming from a buisnessman.Some of you are not going to like it but They are facts.

1.Sal sold many many chips/filters to us f150online members.Without F150online,Sal would not even come close to having the buisness he has now.

2.Some say its indirectly but its not here is why,Sal never gave Steve a penny with all the $$ he made DIRECTLY from this site!He sold many of us chips/Filters that never would have been sold if we did not hook up here.He even took alot of buisness away from SUPERCHIPS who was a paying advertiser.(I dont even like superchips but facts are facts)

3.It takes lots of $$ to build a BB like this one and Sals new one.Sal not only directly made money from this site but now he has the ***** to take the money he made from this site and start a BB to compete with this site!!These are the facts and thats that.What it is infact is BUISNESS.CUT THROAT BUISNESS>Dont you guys think its kinda funny how A long time member like sal leaves 1 week before opening his new board?He might be a nice guy ,He might be a buisness man,But he did it in a sneaky cut throat way.Once again its called buisness.some people do it honest and some people do it sneaky.
If you guys dont belive me,Go over there and see who his members are!!!!!!!!!!!THEY ARE US!!!!!!!!! What does that tell ya!!!!!Fkn Sneak!
Silver 2000
ROB G
lSTORM
COLLINS 8
HANKFAN
NICK D
99 SVT
PAWN
HOBBY TOWN USA
CAKA
00 BLACK LIGHTNING
2000 BLACK BOLT

shall i go on........................?

Good luck to him,Lets see him try and keep up now.He cant even get out parts now in a reasonable amount of time!Wait till his buisness grows.

Gotta give him credit,He knows what hes doing!

[This message has been edited by Lightningquick (edited 08-01-2000).]

Old 08-02-2000 | 12:00 AM
The recent threads make me question the maturity of some of the posters. I have posted on Sals new BBS and will post on any other Lightning related BBS that interests me. Keep in mind that this is the internet and business is business. Steve and Sal disagreed on advertising and the result was that Steve told Sal and other vendors to:
If individual vendors/manufacturers want to fight it out amongst themselves, do it on your own bandwidth, not on mine.

If you want to update people on the status of their orders or the status of your product development, use your email and your
websites. Again, it's that simple.
The result was that Sal and perhaps some others have decided to try it for themselves. Now that they have, they are being picked apart for that as well....Seems like it is tough to win in this crowd. Damned if you do and damned if you dont. These issues are likely why a lot of the folks who posted a lot when I started reading last year no longer post, or not as often.

Doug

Old 08-02-2000 | 12:42 AM

Hey LQ,

Don't mean to disagree, but starting a BBoard like this dosn't cost alot of money. I work in the computer/web/hosting industry... There are even places that'll do it for you for free...

I think Sal opened his own BBS because he needed a place to speak the way he wanted to. *shrug* Now I just have a third board to visit. I stop in here, NLOC and now there as well. Cut'n'paste is easy, so if I have some good tidbit, I'll post it on all three.

Isn't the internet amazing?

Daniel

Old 08-02-2000 | 07:46 AM
F150online
Founder
but starting a BBoard like this dosn't cost alot of money
Spoken like someone who has never operated a popular website. True, the cost of the software is a mere pittance, but consider the time to manage it, the hosting costs when you approach 50GB of data transfer, etc. Still think it doesn't cost a lot of money? Think again.

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 08-02-2000).]

Old 08-02-2000 | 01:03 PM
F150online
Founder
When I told him I'd be more than willing to put a link to the F-150 board on my site, he told me that he "didn't want the extra people there", and that his board "was a burden and he didn't need any more members".
Someone pointed out this thread over on "Sal's board" and I felt compelled to reply, to defend my name if you will.

True, Sal presented a couple of "sponsorship opportunities" to me. All of them involved placing ads on the Lightning forum specifically. I told him that I didn't have the capability to do that. The next "sponsorship opportunities" involved the exact same parameter. Why respond? He clearly did not listen the first time.

The fact is that YOU were given the option to stay or go. Remain here strictly as a Lightning enthusiast, no talk about your business, PSP, period. YOU chose to leave. I guess you couldn't handle that tight restriction. Could it be becuase your primary reason for being here was to peddle your products? Probably.

And, as far as YOU commenting on someone not returning emails, that may be the most hypocritical thing ever uttered by someone!

As for the above quote, what respect I did have for Sal is now 100% gone. This statement is an out and out lie. You somehow placed a dollar value on adding a link to your site to F-150 Online? 99% of the people that ended up on your site got there from your links here!

Sal, frankly I am now very glad to see you go. In my eyes you are a lier and a sleezeball for even perpetrating this lie. You will NEVER be welcomed back here. Nor will the mention of your site be welcomed here. No longer is it business, you made it personal with that post.

Protecting someone's property and maintaining it in their best business interest has nothing to do with paranoia. It has everything to do with common-sense.

Good luck running your message board. I give it three months before it's overrun with morons from LS1.com, other manufacturer, MAD and other jerks. If you put the time into this that you do supporting the people that give you money for your products, you are doomed to failure.

Steve

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 08-02-2000).]

Quick Reply: SALS WEBSITE WITH GREAT NEW BBS