Lightning

Fram Boost intake and JLP Tanks installed / PCV removed....pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fram Boost intake and JLP Tanks installed / PCV removed....pictures

for those not on the other sites.....

Ok so I was trolling ebay and came accross a new in box Fram Boost intake for $155 shipped. The guy sold his L before installing it, "his loss was my gain" according to the old addage he used.

When I removed my K&N elbow and trueflow filter the sheer volume of motor oil in my trueflow filter reinforced my drive to delete the pcv system, so I ripped it all out and plugged up all the needed holes, put on 2 breathers, and licked my wounds.

Also installed my new JLP Intercooler tank and radiator tank....radiator tank was not too bad....but holy horseshoes that @%!@#$ Intercooler tank fit like a bulletproof vest on pamela anderson.
I lost more knuckle skin than usual....and had to temporarily route my Xenarc hid wirinf over the top of the damm tank.
I already lengthened and rerouted the wires tonight but didnt have my camera with me.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I added a fluid level dooder with some bits from Home Depot.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Old 09-22-2006, 08:42 AM
looks good, now get some simple green out and some CD2 engine detailer. Also, wouldnt that level doodad only show a level if its completely full or not?

Last edited by Jakkle5; 09-22-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jakkle5
looks good, now get some simple green out and some CD2 engine detailer. Also, wouldnt that level doodad only show a level if its completely full or not?
Yea I know its dirty......the level indicator would be noticable once the fluid level drops about 2 inches inside the tank....I dont know why i put it there, just cause I wanted to....and I think it's kinda cool....i need to do the rad tank also but the opening at the top is kinda small....

Quick Reply: Fram Boost intake and JLP Tanks installed / PCV removed....pictures