Lightning

Need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions!

Hey guys, as of this coming Monday my L will be paid for! So, I am looking into a couple options for my truck!

Right now money is tight....Real Estate is starting to slow down, what money I had has been invested into Real Estate, I'm getting married in October, and I'm remodeling one of my houses right now! So you can just imagine how tight everything is. So basically what I'm trying to say is I'm toying with ideas of mods.

I'd like your feedback as most of you have either been there and done that or are considering doing something like this.

I've looked at JDM built short blocks as well as JLP's built short blocks. Don't know who builds a better engine. Also looking into a KB or Whipple. I'm looking to push around 20lbs of boost daily.

I have thought long and hard about a turbo setup, but my brother would think I was trying to copy him...as you see he is turboing his WS6.

What kind of setup will net me low-mid 10's? And what am I looking at as far as costs are concerned?

Look forward to hearing back from any and all of you!

Thanks,
01_White_Light

Old 09-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by 01_White_Light
Right now money is tight....Real Estate is starting to slow down, what money I had has been invested into Real Estate, I'm getting married in October, and I'm remodeling one of my houses right now! So you can just imagine how tight everything is. So basically what I'm trying to say is I'm toying with ideas of mods.
I don't know what kind of mods you have right now but after reading this I would just be happy with a chip, pulley, filter, FTVB combo. Getting married is serious and I wouln't make a good situation possibly turn out bad by throwing a ton of money into my truck. Money issues will end a new marriage in a hurry. You can always mod your truck later.

At the rate I'm going, it will take me 2 more years to get a Whipple but at least I have a roof over my head, a great wife and I'm not living from paycheck to paycheck. Just my .02 cents.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:48 AM
LOL! Thanks for the heads up, but I have several roofs at the moment, and if need be it wouldn't hurt me any to sell one or two. Although I do appreciate the looking out...I am just toying with the idea that way when I do decide this is what I want to do...I have done my homework.

At the current moment I have a 6# lower, 03/04 Cobra CAI, and a dyno tune. Don't get me wrong I am happy with the setup, but I love going fast especially if I know there's room to go even faster.

Anywho keep the ideas/opinions coming guys!

Thanks,
01_White_Light

Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
LOL.....I see. When I read that money was tight, I assumed that meant you didn't have $12-$15K to spend.

Many vendor wars have been started over the JLP v/s JDM issue but in either case you can't go wrong. I was going to get a Whipple but the new KB unit looks good to.

Last edited by Rio J; 09-22-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Well, I don't....atleast in a liquid form that is.

If I had to have the setup next month I would sell one of my houses, but since I don't really need it and am just toying with ideas...it wouldn't take me long to aquire it in liquid form.

But your absolutely correct...the old lady and are/her needs come first!

Quick Reply: Need opinions!