Lightning

Beaterz.com......what a riot

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2000 | 05:41 PM
|
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Post Beaterz.com......what a riot

Found this link surfing today....what a riot.

Amazing what "people" will do to a vehicle.

enjoy

http://www.beaterz.com

go to one liners link.

Old 08-04-2000 | 06:09 PM
Really Old "Member"
Thumbs up

SpeedinBob:

Thanks for the tip, and it is a trip.

As a sidenote, I own two "classic" beaters, a '69 Chev BelAir 2 door with a 390 horse 427 and TH400 that in it's prime was a 14 sec around 102 mph quarter miler. It is an ex Maine State Troopers car and was rusty from surviving that part of it's life and it's later life as a tow car for a dragster team in Florida. So, it got rust from the bottom up as well as from the top down.
I "safety" restored it with all new suspension etc. as well as the motor but left the body and interior as I got it.
Used to terrorize I-95 in the New Haven CT. area in the mid 1980's in the Saturday Night Shootouts.

The other one is a '56 F100 with a genuine 300 hp built 300" six that Racing Head Services and Inglese Induction put together for me in the same time period. The truck was from New Hampshire (ex plumbers truck) and is rusty as all get out. Did same routine as with the Chev. Even with a radical cam, it is all done at about 4500rpm, but it will spin the tires from a standstill in second gear until you let off and will actually do almost the same in third. That is spelled TORQUE!!

Sadly, both have sat in the driveway for about 5 years apiece and will require some serious resto attention to return to their former beater glory.

Bill

------------------
99.5 Lightning
Build #247
PSP Chip/Filter
Bassani full system
White/normal options
Tamiya 1/10 scale Bolt
Several old trucks/cars
Thunder & Lightning
Rag Doll Cats
E-mail MOSTOYSINC@AOL.com