Lightning

Down's install

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2000 | 07:50 PM
|
Post Down's install

O.K. So I'm all excited to install my Downs filter and what do I find? No ring (shelf)to hold the gasket in place between the mass air and the air tube like the stock tube has. How did any of you guys prevent your gasket from falling off or partially seating with the rest hanging in the breeze?
Next question, where does the support bracket go? Without any pics I just can't find the appropriate bolts to fasten the bracket. I got this second hand from one of our more prolific posters on this site, but since he has been so helpful in just sending the kit my way, I didn't want to make him feel obligated to answer my emails. So, what the hell, can anyone out there help me?
Finally, I will have to separate the tube from the mass air and will most likely end up with a mangled gasket. Are these easy to come by and do I have to go through the dealer to get one (hence putting me on the mod radar)?

------------------
Good hunting and check six

2000 Blk Lightning
1995 C36
1996 VMAX

Old 08-04-2000 | 08:04 PM
The gasket can be held in place with a little glue. Its really not that difficult. Your support bar connects to the rear lower mounting bolt on the Downs Intake, the other end to the stud already existing on your driver side head.
The stock gasket will remove very easily. You WILL NOT end up with a mangled gasket. Its very simple...take your time and look at it closely.

Old 08-04-2000 | 08:09 PM
|
Spiro, thanks for the reply. I was worried about what the proper glue should be. I didn't want to damage the gasket. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Down's install