Lightning

peeved?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2000 | 04:55 PM
|
Question peeved?

Would you lightning guys be peeved if I got a supercharger for my 4.2 and put lightning emblems on it? The supercharger in the making I am reading about would give me 320 horsepower and would do 0-60 in high 6 seconds. I would get a lightning if I could afford it, and might once I graduate from college, but I don't want to **** ya'll off. What do ya think?

------------------
2000 F150 XL Wedgewood Blue. Eclipse flip down CD player, Eclipse point source door speakers. Rockford Fosgate 8' truck box speakers. Fosgate 160x4 punch AMP. Power and appearance mods to come.

Old 08-03-2000 | 05:08 PM
Why do you want the emblems on a blue truck? it would be a lot more fun letting people think they are getting their asses kicked by a 6cyl pickup truck.

Old 08-03-2000 | 05:21 PM
Unhappy

I personally wouldn't be peeved but you might want to take some stuff into consideration. Are you going to get Lightning wheels and tires? Are you going to lower your truck? Is it a flareside? Are you going to add the front and side fascia ? Are you going to add dual exhaust coming out the right side? Are you going to add sway bars? Are you going to paint your truck red, white, black or silver? These are just a few of the visible differences between a Lightning and a regular F150 (not to mention all the stuff you can’t see from the outside like the interior appointments, the tranny and the rear end). It is certainly your own choice but personally I think it would give other Lightnings a bad name if there was one running around with just a Lightning sticker on it, the wrong color and none of the visual appointments that really make a Lightning stand out. I think I would just enjoy my supercharger, go and beat up on some unsuspecting Dakota R/Ts and wait until you can get the real thing.IMHO.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning
14.020 @ 97.97 mph
Totally stock

[This message has been edited by RedShift (edited 08-03-2000).]

Old 08-03-2000 | 05:22 PM
Thumbs up

It wouldn't matter one way or the other to me, but I agree with BBQ. Make it a sleeper. People won't know what hit 'em when a 6cyl blows by!

DUCK

------------------
November 18, 1999 We will not forget.
The fallen 12 will live in our hearts forever.
Fightin Texas Aggie Bonfire 1999

Old 08-03-2000 | 05:57 PM
|
I am planning on doing all of the things redshift mentioned except paint it. I love the blue color. I also like the idea of being a sleeper, except then it would be stupid to make my truck look bad *** with the lightning kit or roush kit. I doubt I will put lightning emblems on it, but if I do, I will get some additional ones made that say 4.2 and stick them right under "Lightning". That way those r/t guys can know that even a v6 can kick their ***.

------------------
2000 F150 XL Wedgewood Blue. Eclipse flip down CD player, Eclipse point source door speakers. Rockford Fosgate 8' truck box speakers. Fosgate 160x4 punch AMP. Power and appearance mods to come.

Old 08-03-2000 | 06:00 PM
It's your money, go for it and enjoy doing it!

Old 08-03-2000 | 07:28 PM
How much does your truck weigh? With 320 hp and say 800lbs less weight (no sway bars, two less cylinders, smaller brakes, no ground effects, smaller rear end, smaller trans.) you might be on to something. I have been doing some figuring on a regular cab 2wd, no air, no radio, 4.6l stock. Then taking a 5.4l 4v Navigator Motor (stock 300hp) and adding a centrifical blower to pump it up mildly to 447hp and 355ftlbs of torque. With 8-10 psi boost. The centrifical blowers can put out mondo boost. Lideo from Alternative auto was pumping 22psi in Maryland on his 'Stang. Check it out at www.alternativeauto.com
I think I have too much time on my hands to be doing this much thinking on such an expensive idea.

I think I'd op for the sleeper idea too.

HIGH RISK

Old 08-03-2000 | 08:15 PM
Funny you should mention that, I was wanting to get a Lightning and REMOVE all of that bs, (especially the wheels) then put a 4.2 badge on it, paint it Moonlight Blue (it's my favorite color and has been discontinued ya know) run duals straight out the back and smoke some unsupecting shovies and dodges.
If I do, you can have all the take-offs. I wanna keep the bages though, maybe make a braclet out of one, I think they are pretty.<A HREF="http://www.MiFordTrucks.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

[This message has been edited by Andthensometoo (edited 08-03-2000).]

Old 08-03-2000 | 08:23 PM
The new SVT enthusiast issue has a sleeper looking Ford Ranger stuffed with a supercharged V8. Pretty cool issue altogether, did you know Jay Leno owns a Lightning?

Mike

Old 08-03-2000 | 08:40 PM
Andthensometoo, made me chuckle. You were talking around the ankle weren't you?

Old 08-03-2000 | 08:42 PM
Sorry to hog the webspace, but I was thinking of keeping my truck with its stock lightning and throwing the motor and blower out. Replace it with a 6 and get blown away by everyone. That'd fool 'em...

Old 08-03-2000 | 08:59 PM
ROFLMAO!
ralleyone, I like you. (but I'm no ankle biter)

MRBBQMAN, "it would be a lot more fun letting people think they are getting their asses kicked by a 6cyl pickup truck."
A nice touch would be a gun rack in the window and a dog cage in the bed.

RedShift, visual appointments? I got your Visual Appointments!

sean~ Do what you ultimately want, you will soon learn not to ask others what they think.

Old 08-04-2000 | 09:30 PM
I do appreciate some of the best humor I've seen in years. A few of these guys are damn entertaining. Please, more laughs,and what the hell, throw in a little useful info every now and then.

Quick Reply: peeved?