Lightning

Swanson Chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2000 | 06:07 AM
|
Post Swanson Chip

Anybody on this board running Danny's chip? If so, how was the install and performance? Did you also go with the Pro-M. Thanks

Old 08-04-2000 | 09:18 AM
Fast Gator,
Do a search on Swanson. I know you will find quite a few people using the chip and some MAF also.

------------------
00 Black Lightning
No mods yet, just enjoying her stock for now!

Old 08-04-2000 | 09:46 AM
I do .If you are looking for serious power increase,It will work great.The truck actually pulls you and leaps foward during shifts where other chips kinda wimp put even with firm shifting.I asked for real firm shifts.I would not go that route again.I heard his reg program is great.i also asked for an exteme program and I got it.It knocked of 7 tents of my ET and added 6mph.The only annoying problem i still had is the torque converer would lock up while at cruising speed and it creates a little buck.That is supposed to be all fixed now.Just get the reg program chip.When you start messing with custom programs like I do,The ET is right on but the driveabilty suffers.The shifts are actually way too hard for daily driving.BUT thats what i asked rfor,He does give what you ask for!DONT BOTHER with the MAF .Put it this way,No need for it.Just go grab a downs ford intake .If you buy the chip and MAF he needs to program the chip a little differently to make it run a little richer from the chip so the MAF leans it back out.His reg chip leans it out just the same so you are producing the same power.That is just a quick theory but somewhat true.I also heard the new Superchip is one hell of a chip??

Old 08-04-2000 | 10:15 AM
Shifts are *very* firm with the superchip as well.

Old 08-04-2000 | 10:43 AM
Superchip with CUX2R7 program is a great improvement over their previous attempt. Downshift issues that were there before have been taken care of from what I can tell. Truck runs better now than it ever did. Shifts are firm/hard. Almost too hard for day to day in town driving, IMHO.

Old 08-04-2000 | 09:02 PM
|
Cool

Hey thanks for the reply. I sent Danny an e-mail and he returned one later that day. Spoke with him over the phone, and explained what I was looking for. He recommended his reg program. I ordered last night and it was to be Fed-EX out. Looking forward to having it next week. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 08-04-2000 | 09:30 PM
I just installed the new Superchip also and
it runs very well and the shifts are right on. Also took off my flowmasters and had a
Excellerator X144 muffler put on and i really
like it. Nice mellow tone and it sounds naughty when you stand on it.

------------------
Red 2000 Lightning, SuperChip, Flowmaster, Granatelli Mass Air Meter

Old 08-05-2000 | 01:51 AM
I have the Swanson chip w/out Pro-M and love it. Shifts are indeed neck snapping, especially with the Transgo shift kit, but performance feels great. Screams like a bat outta hell, I can't even hear the dual flowmasters at WOT.

Plan to head out to Pomona next Saturday and see how well I do on street tires (again).

Mike

Quick Reply: Swanson Chip