Lightning

Gaylord's lids---they lie :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2000 | 09:08 PM
|
Angry *******'s lids---they lie :(

Hi To all,

Just a short note to let you know that *******'s ("A name that you can trust"), does not live up to their motto.
On the 7th of March, I ordered an X-2000 lid for my 99 Lightning, and was told by David that "it would be shipped to me in about 1 month". I travel a lot, so when I was back in the USA and no lid (this is the 7th of May), I sent Email, and received a call from David on the 12th of May, saying that "it would ship next week".
I am back on the road and out of the country. I get home and call on 26 July, to once again inquire where the X-2000 lid is?! I talked to Gerald, and he said "they have been waiting for a metal clip needed to attach the lid to the bed rail".....but "they would ship it on the 27th or 28th of July". Monday, the 31st of July, someone calls my home and says to my wife..."The shipping department has guaranteed me that your lid will ship tomorrow".
I am cool, busy at work, so wait until tonight, the 3rd of August, to call and....
I talk to a Gerald who says he has never talked to me, but will check to see if the X-2000 lid has shipped.....and the answer is....NOPE! So I calmly tell Gerald that he can cancel the order....his comment is "I don't blame you". I also state that I will leave some "very nice things about their stellar service on the BBS's that I belong to", and Gerald agrees that I probably have a good reason to.

End of story....just have to vent

I guess the moral is, don't do business with *******'s...they lie ....buy from someone else!!

Thanks for listening to this old man's frustrations,

...Dwight...

Old 08-04-2000 | 07:21 AM
Hi BigD,

Sorry to here about your lid woes. I purchased my Snug Lid / Bed Rug combo from Solar Vision in Davenport. The service and install are top notch IMHO.

P.S. Please go here and reply.
https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/004679.html

Later,
Jake...

Old 08-04-2000 | 08:49 AM
BigD

If you're in town for the 6th,
take a ride with Baby Jake up to Byron Dragway. We need you there!

Lightning Bob

Old 08-08-2000 | 09:26 PM
Anybody have a Snuglid/Bedrug source they like in Southern California?

Old 08-08-2000 | 10:17 PM
Mother Trucker in Westminister on Beach Blvd.. I have used them without any problems.

(714) 379-9100

------------------
Jim
jim@jimshaw.cc

Black 00, Swanson Chip (Superchip re-burn is on the way), 4.10's
super whites, Airaid w/10" Big Mouth filter, chrome wheels
AIM 2" drop shackles, Mobile1 w/FilterMag, clear corners
2000 E320, 1993 Cobra R, 1959 Corvette, 1949 Plymouth Coupe

Looking for a better paying job to support my L

Quick Reply: Gaylord's lids---they lie :(