Lightning

Eibach rear hangers question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006 | 09:03 PM
|
Eibach rear hangers question?

I bought a set of Eibach hangers last week. They will lower the rear 2.5 to 3 inches. They didnt come with any instructions so i was wondering if anybody else has ever installed these? Looks like i might have to do some grinding on the stock hangers to get them off and possibly some drilling to install the new ones? A friend of mine is really good with lowering trucks but he is not sure how to install these? I could use some inputs if anybody has any? Thanks

Old 10-11-2006 | 09:28 PM
You'll have to get the old one's off first. Couple ways you can do it.

Grind the heads off and knock out the centers -----> SLOW

Grind a notch in the head and knock them out that way -----> Really Really SLOW

Torch the heads off, then cherry the stem and knock them out ----> bout 1 hours worth of work.

That's how I did my Belltech hangers. There's gonna be ton's of people say that is the dangerous way, but think about it. There won't be enough radiant heat thru the frame rail to go thru the fuel lines on the drivers side. If you don't have a gas leak anywhere, there's no danger at all to doing it that way.

As for the new ones, look a little closer. I'm not positive since I haven't installed any of the Eibachs, but you shouldn't have to to drill them at all, just get the old one's off and put the new one's on with some grade 8 hardware.

Good luck, have fun.

Old 10-12-2006 | 01:12 AM
yea they are a PAIN to get off, i grinded a cross into each stud then drilled them out. took roughly around hour to hour 1/2

be careful and good luck

Old 10-12-2006 | 10:33 AM
Old 10-12-2006 | 01:16 PM
The only reason you should NEED to remove the bed is if you don't have a lift to get uner the truck easier.

Old 10-13-2006 | 12:02 PM
|
Thanks for the info guys! Ill give it a whirl this weekend and see how it goes. Should be gettin my 20's in next week too! I put the upper and lower billet grills in last week and tinted the windows 5% all the way around. The L is gonna look sweet! I cant wait! Ill post some pics soon. thanks again!!!

Old 02-02-2008 | 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by ChihadBinWreckn
Thanks for the info guys! Ill give it a whirl this weekend and see how it goes. Should be gettin my 20's in next week too! I put the upper and lower billet grills in last week and tinted the windows 5% all the way around. The L is gonna look sweet! I cant wait! Ill post some pics soon. thanks again!!!
I know it was a fair while ago this thread was posted but I am just about to do the same mod.
I got an Eibach Kit with the front springs and new rear hangers.

Just wondering how you got on with the fitting...? Did you take any pics?

Quick Reply: Eibach rear hangers question?