Lightning

Repost from Trailer Hitch Plug

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2000 | 01:43 PM
|
Post Repost from Trailer Hitch Plug

Hi all,
Got a few e-mails from folks wanting me to post this all by itself. Thanks for the replies.

ok guys.... huddle up here.....
gotta learn you guys on some of the finer points of car buying. My friends say I've bought more new cars than the law allows !!!
There is a critical time in the car buying process when the salesman would just about "Blow" you. I'm talkin about the time when the deal has been made and all you have to do is go into "finance" and sign and or pay for your car. What I like to do is make the deal on the car.... Leave them a deposit and pick up the car that night. Gives them time to "fill" the tank, "detail" it inside and out. And do the extra "deeds" this my friends is the critical time in which you can take care of things like asking the salesman to:
-Order Parts at dealer cost.
-Lift little black trailer hitch plugs from another vehicle on the lot. (Every Expedition comes with one of these)
-Lift extra CD Holders from other cars on the lot.
-I've had them actually change wheels/tires from another vehicle on the lot.

-I've had them change seats from one new car to another.
-Lift floor mats from another vehicle on the lot.

When I picked up my 2000 Lightning it had that little black plug in the trailer hitch hole, two extra CD holders and the rear window replaced with with a standard (non-slider) dark window ($500 installed)

Remember when you go into that little room with the finance person your salesman has nothing to do but go "lift" things from other cars for you !!!!
Your new car buying tip for the day !!!

Robert

Old 08-22-2000 | 08:01 PM
I don't know if you know this or not but even after you have signed all the paper-work in finance, given them the down payment and everything is done, you still can back out of the deal. As long as you DO NOT DRIVE IT OFF THE LOT, you still are not legally bound (this is in Calif., I do not know about other states).

After signing all the finance paperwork, then you go off the lot (do not take your new vehicle) for a hamburger, etc, while the salesman and managers are in a panic. This is when you can get some good stuff.

------------------
Jim
jim@jimshaw.cc

Black 00, Swanson Chip (Superchip re-burn is on the way), 4.10's
super whites, Airaid w/10" Big Mouth filter, chrome wheels
AIM 2" drop shackles, Mobile1 w/FilterMag, clear corners
2000 E320, 1993 Cobra R, 1959 Corvette, 1949 Plymouth Coupe

Looking for a better paying job to support my L

Old 08-22-2000 | 09:59 PM
Smile

Damn... I wish I new this when I got my L... cuz FORDSALES was my sales guy!

Old 08-22-2000 | 10:18 PM
Cool

I walked into the a local dealership yesterday...gave the part number...and asked why my truck didn't come with the hitch plug. They handed it to me and said here you go. Too bad they don't sell SVT's any longer.

Quick Reply: Repost from Trailer Hitch Plug