Lightning

The Level-10 Trans is in and it is good.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006 | 06:56 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Thumbs up The Level-10 Trans is in and it is good.

I finally got around to getting the built trans installed. JJ @ Woodbine Motorsport ordered me a Level-10 Stage III Torque Master and when it arrived, I drove up there to drop the truck off. JJ had it installed in 1 day and I drove back up and picked it up. I must say that this trans impressed the hell out of me. I had no idea how sluggish the stock trans was until I got to drive with the L-10. It is a very smooth trans and the shifts are very crisp with no slop. For those who didn't know, Level-10 tunes the valve body to what kind of use the trans will get. I had them tune mine for street/strip duty and the road manners are very nice. When the stock trans would shift into OD, it would kind of bog down from the PI 2400 stall I have. This no longer happens. I now realize that I was losing power and performance with the stocker. I can't wait to get to the track.

A big thanks goes out to JJ for the great job he did on the install and for how fast he got it done.:rockon:

I had ordered the Moroso Trans Pan while the trans was being installed and I didn't have it for JJ to throw on the trans. I did receive it Friday and I installed it myself. Here are some pics...

You can see how awesome it looks and that it doesn't hang that low either. It took about 8 1/2 quarts to fill the trans back up after the pan went on.

All and all I am tickled to death with the way this trans turned out. So if you don't have the green to get a BTS, Level-10 is a great choice.

http://www.levelten.com/

Old 11-04-2006 | 08:04 PM
Congrats SW, I too am impressed with how mine performs over the stocker. If yours is anything like mine was it is night and day difference for the good. I think you made a wise decision in your quest for the 10s. Have you considered spraying it with a small shot? If you do you now have a tranny that will take it in stride I sprayed mine up to a 125 zex single point without a problem. I recently purchased racetested direct-port kit w/ progressive controler, planning on stepping it up to a 200 dp shot so we'll see how it holds up. Ron

Old 11-04-2006 | 10:10 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 01Diablo
Congrats SW, I too am impressed with how mine performs over the stocker. If yours is anything like mine was it is night and day difference for the good. I think you made a wise decision in your quest for the 10s. Have you considered spraying it with a small shot? If you do you now have a tranny that will take it in stride I sprayed mine up to a 125 zex single point without a problem. I recently purchased racetested direct-port kit w/ progressive controler, planning on stepping it up to a 200 dp shot so we'll see how it holds up. Ron
Thanks. I'm gonna give the 10's a try with all boost first. I'm sure that once I'm in the 10's I won't want to stop and I'll probably spray it then.

Old 11-06-2006 | 12:37 AM
Im glad to hear that about Level 10. I have been concidering them for my build up as well for my 5R55W

Old 12-01-2008 | 05:08 PM
Update on your tranny?

Did you get into the 10's?

Old 12-01-2008 | 05:38 PM
This goes back 2 years ago. Thomas has since sold the truck and now drives a Toyota!!

I believe he did get into the 10's prior to selling though. I'm pretty sure the buyer has got some 10's with it as well IIRC!!

Old 12-02-2008 | 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Eds 01 Lightnin
This goes back 2 years ago. Thomas has since sold the truck and now drives a Toyota!!

I believe he did get into the 10's prior to selling though. I'm pretty sure the buyer has got some 10's with it as well IIRC!!
Nice!

Thx for the update!

Old 06-19-2009 | 12:35 AM
Any rumors out there on the fate of this tranny?

Old 06-19-2009 | 08:12 PM
LOL My God you are interested in this trans. No clue man. He sold that truck many years ago. I dont know if the guy that bought it visits the forums. You should be a doctor brother cause you brought this bitch back 2 times. Im just messing around man, no disrespect intended. I have no clue sir. Might want to try "the other" forums. I know he visited them quiet frequently and maybe someone knows what the deal is.

Old 06-20-2009 | 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by stickbo
LOL My God you are interested in this trans. No clue man. He sold that truck many years ago. I dont know if the guy that bought it visits the forums. You should be a doctor brother cause you brought this bitch back 2 times. Im just messing around man, no disrespect intended. I have no clue sir. Might want to try "the other" forums. I know he visited them quiet frequently and maybe someone knows what the deal is.
haha... I have a fetish for this thread!

I'm in rebuild mode on my tranny and want to know what was the fate of this 7 second tranny!!!

Old 06-29-2009 | 12:52 PM
my level 10 trans failed on the very 1st pass. they used a stock intermediate sprag when it was suppose to have the heavy duty sprag. a 35 dollar part cost me several hundred dollars in damage. i had to rebuild a trans that had less than 20 miles on it.

Old 07-13-2009 | 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by awdrocks

I'm in rebuild mode on my tranny and want to know what was the fate of this 7 second tranny!!!
7sec? in the 1/8th maybe. Hey man I have way weirder fetishes so its all good.

Originally Posted by RDY2RAC
my level 10 trans failed on the very 1st pass. they used a stock intermediate sprag when it was suppose to have the heavy duty sprag. a 35 dollar part cost me several hundred dollars in damage. i had to rebuild a trans that had less than 20 miles on it.

ouch that sucks! Do you still rock a novi? man I would so love to go with a big centri blower one day. For now I am poor but one day damnit!

built trans I would go bts or punisher. but I dont know who is an sv or what here?

Old 07-18-2009 | 04:44 AM
Any rumors out there on the fate of this tranny?

I bought Spencer's (SW Thomas') truck,swapped blowers,put the 3.4 on the slow04 truck(wish I hadn't) and then sold it to a friend of mine.The truck went 10.57 at Rockingham and the tranny is holding up fine. If I was you I'd go with a BTS or Punisher setup

Old 08-05-2009 | 01:03 PM
7sec? in the 1/8th maybe. Hey man I have way weirder fetishes so its all good.

ouch that sucks! Do you still rock a novi? man I would so love to go with a big centri blower one day. For now I am poor but one day damnit!

built trans I would go bts or punisher. but I dont know who is an sv or what here?
yes i still have the Novi, but i've been on a little hiatus lately. i'm currently planning the swap to E85 just gotta pick up a few things like injectors and a few odds and ends.

Quick Reply: The Level-10 Trans is in and it is good.