Lightning

Strait pipes do gain 2 tenths!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000 | 09:28 PM
gp
on my truck taking the converters off, adding two 70 series flowmasters, it was LOUD.it also lost low end but gained top end power.i put the converters back on and it is only a little louder than stock but runs a little better.funny how your life changes,20 years ago the truck would have sounded great with out the converters.

Old 09-03-2000 | 01:08 PM
Question

Those with strait pipes:

Do you drive with srait pipes around town or only at the track? If you drive around town with stait pipes have you ever gotten a ticket for not having a muffler?

Old 09-03-2000 | 03:05 PM
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
I have driven with straight pipes all summer long. Driven right by cops with their windows down, when they are on the passenger side. No ticket yet. And I don't even have a front license plate. (some call me crazy)

I must say that I have been pulled over though. For speeding.

[edited]

FORDSALES

you are welcome to post any info I have done with pics on the FAQs.

here's a link to my straight pipes page.
http://www.geocities.com/tundra_svt/straight.html

[This message has been edited by Tundra (edited 09-03-2000).]

Old 09-03-2000 | 07:11 PM
I had the streight pipes for about 3 months before I installed the full Bassani. I did not gain anything at the track, it was definantly loud but not as bad as expected. "Seat of pants" low end torque did seem to drop, but maby it was just the sound that threw me off I dont know. I paid $200 (a bit pricy) to have it done. If anyone is intrested I will sell my pipes for $75. They are aluminized 2 1/2 inch pipes, from cats, to two 3 1/2 inch chrome tips that look almost exactly like the Bassani tips that I just installed. As a matter of fact the installer looked at them when I drove up to his shop and said "oh man you got it put on somewhere else." It looks that good. When I removed it I made sure plenty of pipe was left up towards the cats so it will be an easy install on another truck. Just find spot to cut, measure, expand (stretch) pipe, slide over stock pipe, and then weld. Very easy to do and is a perfect fit. Anyone intrested?? Email me at yesuah@flash.net

------------------
99-White
6-9-99
Pro-M 80
PSP chip
Full Bassani
F.R.P.P. single blade T.B.
clear corners & rears
Lonestar spray-on bedliner
white Bugflector II
1/4 13.47@102.50
1/8 8.67@81.33
367rwhp
436.8rwt
yesuah@flash.net

Old 09-03-2000 | 11:11 PM
Tundra

a big THANKS

------------------
Jim
jim@jimshaw.cc

Black 00, 4.10's, SuperChip/R9, super whites, Airaid w/10" Big Mouth, Mobile1 w/FilterMag, chrome wheels, AIM 2" drop, clear corners
2000 E320, 1993 Cobra R, 1959 Corvette,
1949 Plymouth Coupe

Old 09-04-2000 | 12:25 AM
CAA76: you don't have a chip yet, do you? I think your louder exhaust note is making you more aware of the 4 injector cutout at WOT shifts that Ford implements across their truck line. The general consensus has been that it was done to lengthen transmission life but I also have it from a reliable source that it was done mostly to please the new legions of women truck/SUV drivers. I've read that it drops the HP on a Lightning at 1-2 shift by at least 50 HP.

I feel that a performance vehicle should be exempt from such restrictions and the driver should be assumed to be one that likes quick, firm shifts at full power. They force many of us to chip for trans reasons alone. A chip will also remove your inability to downshift to 1st from above 20 mph...another not-so-better idea.

OK, enough ranting and maybe you already have a chip anyway, but I feel better getting that off my chest...LOL

Old 09-04-2000 | 01:35 AM
SPEED: no i dont have a chip yet, i want a 4 way chip from psp, but people in hell want ice water too. im ready for the chip, but i dont think sal is ready. i think thats why my exhaust sounds like it "farts" in between shifts. thanks again, any more ideas just drop a line

carl
00 silver l
straight pipes
need some mods!!

[This message has been edited by CAA76 (edited 09-04-2000).]

Quick Reply: Strait pipes do gain 2 tenths!!