Lightning

#4449 to blown motor club

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006 | 03:14 PM
|
#4449 to blown motor club

Hey everyone, I dont post much and yall dont know me but I thought I would share my experiences and maybe get some advice.

I had just got done changing my oil and putting breathers on the valve covers to bypass the dripping oil on driver side. Took it out for a spin and right as it went into drive at around 4k it just nosed over and boom. Passenger side, in front a new fist sized hole.

All I had was a 6lb lower and a custom tune. Temp was 65 so it wasn't that low but it still blew.

I have been trying to read about built short blocks with stock heads but have only found a couple. I know a want to use one of the supporting vendors for a built lower but I was hoping for a little advice in what to look for.

also in no way am i trying to start up a who is better than who for a built lower, just some input from all you wonderful fellow lightning owners.

Thanks
Josh

Last edited by Mini_K; 11-19-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2006 | 03:31 PM
PM me and I'll give you some advice.

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 11-19-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2006 | 04:40 PM
I think most of the feedback you get will point to it being bad news to put stock heads on a built block. I mean you can do it, but the stock heads seem to have some issues with spring strength and so forth. My advice would be to go for a basic set of atleast reconditioned heads with new components, especially if you plan on upping the power. I know its a lot more coin, but its worth it. Find a sugar mama to pay your way!
As for the built block...I hope this doesn't turn into a contest either. My 2 cents is, I am VERY happy with my JDM set up. I think Jim, Sal, or Johnny probably all build something you can trust to be reliable and stout.

Quick Reply: #4449 to blown motor club