Lightning

ok im stummped need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006 | 01:50 AM
|
ok im stummped need help!!

well this is the first problem i have had with my 2000 L and im very very stumpped i was taking a friend home about 2 weeks ago and he wanted to see what the truck had in it so i went WOT from about a 50 roll when it shifted into OD ( im pretty sure it was od any way) it kicked back like it normally does with the ftvb but when it went into gear i went over redline and let off as soon as i noticed, its ran fine since no trouble at all but i hadnt gotten on it since,

so fast forward to about an hour ago im driving home with the misses and a s-10 starts fartin around and leigha said babe just gunn it to show him who's boss.
but when i did the rpms were going up but i wasnt accelerating like normal then when it finnaly kicked into gear the tires chirped a bit then i took off and past the s-10 but before it went into gear the truck was about 1/2 car lenght ahead.. and i know its not normal ive raced z28's and completely destroyed them so i know something has to be wrong,

heres some info on the truck,

100k miles
ftvb
cai
winter tires 235/70/16

and thats it the only thing i had done to the truck lately was put my winter rims and tires on (firestone wilderness 235/70/16)

before i put the tires on i never had this problem so im thinking a few things it could either be my ftvb or the tires and maybe i need a trans fluid change?..

any opinions?? i need some advice..

thanks

chris

Old 12-09-2006 | 03:27 AM
Might seem obvious but have you actually checked the trans fluid?
Also there's some electrical connections to the side of the gearbox. You might want to make sure they are secure and getting a good connection.

Old 12-09-2006 | 09:15 AM
|
Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
Might seem obvious but have you actually checked the trans fluid?
Also there's some electrical connections to the side of the gearbox. You might want to make sure they are secure and getting a good connection.

ive checked the fluid but havent check the connectors ill do that later on today

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:22 AM
Not sure, but if the tires are not the exact same size as those you took off it can throw the shift points off, as the computer is calibrated for the gear ratio and tire size for the final drive ratio, I have had a similar issue due to a tire size change.

Quick Reply: ok im stummped need help!!