Lightning

KB 2.6 Vid casually driving aroung town

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006 | 10:44 PM
|
Wow I do sound like a got dam New Yorker don’t I

And I guess my casual drives are a bit more interesting than most, hehehehe
I swear to you that’s like an average normal daily drive for me, I guess I am a little ruff on it hu..... chit if it didn’t have that issue I'd be WOT the whole way

Got a larger Upper and a set of plugs going in Sat (weather cooperating ?) we'll see if that doesn’t take care of it ??? A part of me wants to believe it's a simple as, as the boost and HP build the motor starts dumping fuel all of a sudden the SC starts slipping and it boogs down or stalls. Would make sense too since on the Dyno it's not under such a load and it might explain why it was flawless with "0" issues.
"or"
One of those Denso's did the usual hair line crack deal and as I've experienced before with them. It'll run great, idle great, even dyno great, BUT get it under a load and the spark freaks out and it will actually do pretty much what it's doing, been there done that...
"or"
It's Spark blow out and I got a hell of a lot more boost than the gauge shows
The FACT is I should have AT LEAST double what it shows, and I believe by the awesome sound and INSANE power it has I DO. (remember this thing has dam near 600/700 pump gas street power, that is some serious power for ANY supercharger or set up and very doubtful it did it with only 10lbs)

Soooooooooo
I'm going from 3.0 to 3.5 on the upper, that will actually kill "3" birds with one stone by eliminating belt slippage, eliminate boost, and eliminating heat, remember it did throw an intercooler temp code ? (even know all is working perfect). Time for an aftermarket heat exchanger I guess hu ?
Then I'll gap the plugs smaller and eliminate Spark Blow Out. If not anything else it'll calm the tune down for the colder Winter months and give us a nice street able level to work the bugs out with, THEN WE CAN PUMP IT BACK UP.
; o )

Thanks All ....

Old 12-12-2006 | 11:01 PM
1) get someone whos not driving to shoot the video.

2) get some 2 foot wide rear tires.

3) you do sound like a got dam ny'er but so do I .

4) WOOOO HOOOO BABY that thing is sick...!!!!!!! way to go Rob.

Old 12-13-2006 | 01:15 AM
Rob: you have a helluva badass truck! I hope you get the stalling worked out so you can whoop up on the gator-man.

-peace

Quick Reply: KB 2.6 Vid casually driving aroung town