Lightning

KB 2.6 Vid casually driving aroung town

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006 | 07:26 AM
|
KB 2.6 Vid casually driving aroung town

Link is HERE, enjoy (I did, well other than the stalling part)

Dont mind the audio I got a new digital camera and havent figured it out yet (how to lower the vol), there's a lot of wind noise

Found out it stalls under load, something a Dyno unfortunately will NOT show you. I guess it's the price of having close to 600/700 street power.....
; o ) WOO HOO, YA BABY !!!

Either way THE TRUCK IS A MONSTER, just need Sal to go over the tune and work the stalling issue out, it was flawless on the Dyno but under load I guess it's a diff story, we both expected tweaks would be needed so no biggy. Plus it's fine if you dont "get crazy with it", hehehehehe.

I'll hope for a warm weekend next weekend and maybe change the plugs (havent done that yet) hopefully install a larger upper pulley too, maybe there's a possibility it has to do with belt slippage ??? who knows but one thing is for sure the Good gauge in the truck never goes over 10 and there's no doubt in my mind that I have more and according to the schitty factory gauge I HAVE A LOT MORE, so maybe I'm actually experiencing Spark Blow Out ??? I've heard of other 2.6's having that issue, maybe there's a lot more Boost than I think, (and I think that may be the case). So new plugs with a smaller gap would me the first thing I want to try.

Sal you got any BR7's in stock ???

Enjoy the Vid.....

Old 12-11-2006 | 07:54 AM
I think Mark had a similar issue with his truck - was more of a bog at high loads... I want to say it turned out to be a bad battery...

Old 12-11-2006 | 09:10 AM
wow!
that thing is totally useless on the street, seems like you were breaking loose at 1/4 throttle

Old 12-11-2006 | 09:40 AM
thing sounds mean pal.. hope you get the stalling problem worked out..

Old 12-11-2006 | 09:41 AM
Good night...you are rough on a truck. You feel like those high RPM burn outs are good for the motor? Maybe you where hitting the rev limiter.

Old 12-11-2006 | 09:43 AM
Talking

Sounds mean! Post up some more vids when you get a chance! I'd like to hear it scream for more then a couple seconds. I always liked watching/listening to videos of modded Lightnings and how they sound inside the cab and driving on the street. Wish I had the money for just a 4lb'er/tune, lol... Since you like spending money anyway, mabye you could hook up a poor stocker boy with a 4lb'er/tune for christmas.

Old 12-11-2006 | 09:47 AM
Robo,

Ever thought about this?

Bascially you have a race motor in that truck. Stabbing the gas, letting off, Stabbing the gas, letting off should make it load up bad....

Pulled the plugs yet? You may have fouled some...

I had the same problem with my truck awhile back. You can run those cols plugs on the street alot.....

Put a hotter plug and less timing in... It will prob be fine...

Last edited by ICULOKN; 12-11-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2006 | 09:59 AM
Looks like a lot of fun! Hope you get the stalling issue worked out.

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:27 AM
One cannot operate a 600 hp vehicle and film at the same time. I was getting carsick just watching that, Rob. Next time have a passenger film and you can concentrate on driving that thing! Sounds healthy, though!

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:38 AM
Why is your check engine light on?

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:52 AM
Sal, what is your personal assesment of the 2.6 , other than looks, now that you have tuned one?

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by promodlightning
Sal, what is your personal assesment of the 2.6 , other than looks, now that you have tuned one?
My personal feeling is that it more closely matches performance to the 2.3 Whipple now, but it took 20 more cubic inches to do it. Torque is impressive, but I would expect that from a 160 ci blower.

Old 12-11-2006 | 11:03 AM
|
Sal it threw two codes, p1000 and p 1114 (I believe) I have it written down at home. The first code is the not finished cycle code BS, the 2nd was Intercooler Temp or sensor. I cleared them and all was fine afterwards, and the intercooler pump is pumping fine, plenty of cirulation. Lights are still off and I used the truck last night. (I was good I swear ; o )

HELL YA and it does Halflife, and from 40-60 MPH too
In the part where I'm going under the overpass the noise you hear is the DR's
putting it down everytime I go off and on, that was 50+ mph (maybe 60)....

Rocks I do like to have fun I cant lie, but maybe once during that ride I went 1/2 pedal or more. AMOF I cant wait to stand on this MF through a few gears
On that 2nd stall you can hear me say that was 1/4 throttle

ICULOKN I agree 100% and I guess it's time to see what changing plugs on this one will be like. On the 1st stall I was all confused on the weird sound trying to restart it, (you can hear it in the vid, thats when I threw the camera, hehehe) but after the 2nd I REALIZED WHAT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. What it does is actually flood out and stall "but the motor is still firing the unused fuel in the cylinder" (I guess), I was trying to start it against that I assume. On the 2nd stall I shut the key let it roll to a stop and it started back up no prob. On the 3rd when I say it's stalling again, I actually saved it, again it sounded and felt flooded and took some pedal pumping to revive it.

I noticed it started running a little weird (diff) after a few pulls on the dyno but when it put down the big numbers on the last pull there was no reason to think anything was wrong, my guess is new plugs will DEF help and maybe even make it right, I guess thats next weekends mission .....

Thanks Guys, Good Feedback

Old 12-11-2006 | 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_99Lightning
... so maybe I'm actually experiencing Spark Blow Out ??? .....
Rob the answer is obvious. You need a Plasma Booster!

j/k, thanks for the vid.

Old 12-11-2006 | 03:09 PM
Your nuts Rob...LOL. A couple years ago at a FFW event, I was doing a John Force burnout and bouncing that focker off the rev limiter. It sounded allot like what I thought I heard on that video....I dunno...maybe not.

The fun part of it was watching Jim D. jump up and down at the starting line. Thinking he was impressed with my burn out, I went up to him after the pass. LOL...I misunderstood what he was screaming at me. He was coming unglued over my abuse of his built motor.

Anyway...carry on...LOL...try not to tear the darned thing up before spring.

Rocks

Quick Reply: KB 2.6 Vid casually driving aroung town