Lightning

ChickenEars

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:18 AM
|
ChickenEars

So I purchased the new for air system from chicken ears aids 20 hp to my L ....it better be worth it

Old 12-22-2006 | 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by jdublightning
So I purchased the new for air system from chicken ears aids 20 hp to my L ....it better be worth it
Are you stock now? It will be worth it just for the louder and higher pitched supercharger whine! I know I could feel a little difference with my MAC CAI and that's rated 14.4HP. It didn't blow me away, but once I drove the truck with the stock airbox back on it, that's when I really noticed the difference. But just from the S/C sound I'd never run the stock box again! CAI FTW.

Old 12-22-2006 | 02:34 PM
14.4 hp from an intake is wishful thinking...and there's no difference so any seat-of-the-pants feel is strictly a placebo effect from the louder supercharger.

Old 12-22-2006 | 02:34 PM
You could run the same truck on a dyno twice and get a 20hp difference. So, I could say a dyno alone is worth 20hp.

Old 12-22-2006 | 04:13 PM
Talking

Actually when I put the stock air box back on is when I noticed it didn't pull as good up top (on bottom off idle it felt more torquey with the stock box though). Maybe the open air intake adds a little boost up top? Whatever, even if it is a placebo effect, I'd still pay the $160 again for the MAC CAI just for the louder screaming S/C whine over the quiet and muffled stock box. CAI's look so much cooler when you lift the hood too, lol...

Ya, I'm a S/C sound guy over an exhaust sound guy, hehe. I like turning heads from whine then rumble. So the CAI is a must for me.

Look how clean and pristine my old truck was... I really miss it. That's not shining goods on there either, that's a brand spanking new truck. The 'real' new look, not the tire shine/303 protectant/detail product shine look.

Old 12-22-2006 | 05:30 PM
wa wa what???

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:50 PM
Tims setup looks nice and I'm sure it's a quality product - but if you do a "search" on here, you're not likely to find many, if any, who "actually" found a 20 hp gain on a stock engine by simply replacing the stock "air Box" setup.

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:17 PM
I saw a local truck pull into the shop a few weeks back with a chickenears stg 3 setup, and ill tell ya....its an awsome setup! those pictures dont do it any justice.

Storm

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:24 PM
jdublightning,

If you're not totally satisfied with your purchase, call me and you can ship it back for a full refund, no questions asked.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Tim

Old 12-23-2006 | 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Chikenears
jdublightning,

If you're not totally satisfied with your purchase, call me and you can ship it back for a full refund, no questions asked.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Tim
You can't beat that for customer service. Even my wife enjoys buying me billet parts from Tim. She said "He is such a nice guy"

Hey Tim, are you smooth talking my wife (Christie) for more sales?

Randall

Old 12-23-2006 | 12:58 AM
Tim is a top notch guy. I LOVE having his stuff and there is NEVER an issue with it.
You will have ZERO regrets on your purchase and get ready for a *****load of compliments.

VINNIE

Old 12-23-2006 | 06:09 AM
I'll second Vinnie on that!! I also have his full CoolAir set up, and I sold a brand new PSP CAI to get his! Fit and finish is second to none!! It's a class unit from a first rate vendor! Happy Holidays to one and all!!! Artie

Old 12-23-2006 | 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by VINNIE
Tim is a top notch guy. I LOVE having his stuff and there is NEVER an issue with it.
You will have ZERO regrets on your purchase and get ready for a *****load of compliments.

VINNIE

Quick Reply: ChickenEars