Lightning

pr -mass air meter

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2000 | 10:27 AM
|
Post pr -mass air meter

just trying to get feedback on any one running the pro-mass air meters how do you like them ? how much hp do you think you have picked up ? any problems with putting it on ? do you feel that it is a worthwile gain ?

Old 10-02-2000 | 10:44 AM
Talking

Hi Burt.
You can see a Hp increase with the meter. I saw an increase of 9.5 Hp with no chip. The claim is a maximum of about 18 HP. I did see more then the initial 9.5 when I had my chip calibrated for the Pro-M transfer function. I can offer the Pro-M meter with unique mounting hardware ( makes for a very clean installation, no wire cutting.) that uses all the stock holes on the Lightning and it will not vibrate or be affected by fan wash.

PS. THe Pro-M meter is setup with the stock Lightning transfer function and by itself will not cause a detonation issue. Used in conjunction with a chip that has had the air / fuel ratio leaned out to gain performance and there could be a problem. That is why you want the Pro-M transfer function incorporated into the chip fuel table. Adding components without the benefit of them working together will not produce a synergy.
------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

[This message has been edited by BABolt (edited 10-02-2000).]

Old 10-02-2000 | 11:37 AM
I have one on mine with the big filter and gained a solid 2 tenths at the track.I do believe that there is some inconsistancy with there meter.Other L owners I know did not gain on e.t.I have heard they can have a range of .5 to 2 points depending on the application you have for the air-fuel ratio which is why some L`s run leaner than others causing some detonating problems.This can be tough for chip companies because they don't know if you have a really good one or a average one to adjust for air-fuel ratio.Some L's will detonate and some won't even if they use the same program.Hope this helps!

-----------------
High Roller
-----------------

1/4 13.13
Mph 105.38

Old 10-02-2000 | 07:05 PM
Talking

The Pro-M is a winner. I sold over 30 on the group purchase. The only problems were for people that already had a chip burned without the Pro-M in the equation. The only way you get mine is if you steal it off my truck.
noelvm

Quick Reply: pr -mass air meter