Lightning

Here's your sign

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2000 | 11:43 PM
|
Post Here's your sign

As the great philosopher, Jeff Foxworthy, would eloquently state -- I think all stupid people should wear a sign, then you wouldn't have to second guess their intelligence level. Today after work I was coming home on the sorry excuse of roadway that we call expressways and I was caught in bumper to bumper traffic and low and behold two backward baseball cap wearing guys in a "high performance" riceburner pulled up next to me and the driver yelled "hey is that one of those new Lightning things?" and I answered "no, it's a 2000." Then the little boy came out in me and I proceeded to complete three or four short foot to the floor burnouts. They pulled up to me again and the driver said "hey is that thing as fast as a mustang?" I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I just chuckled and tossed my hair back like the proverbial blonde bombshell with nothing better to add to the conversation. Soooo I proceeded to let the supercharger whine do my talking for me. Yep!! They need to wear their signs!!

------------------
FIRESVT Red 2000 "L"
Just starting
The learning curve has recently increased a degree or two. Best E/T 14.069 MPH 97.49

Old 10-20-2000 | 01:13 AM
Er, not to be picky, but Jeff Foxworthy didn't do the "Here's Your Sign" jokes.. Bill Ingvall (sp?) did.
Good story anyway

------------------
www.dragracer.cc
Kristi
Drag racer and opinion-giver extraordinaire!
~Black '00 Lightning
R9 Superchip, Airaid on the way.
13.43@101.5 1.95 60ft
~1966 Chevy II Wagon
434 SBC, Powerglide, 5.13
~2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ
~1999 GMC Sierra
5.3L, 3.73, ex-cab, Gibson exhaust
*Any questions?*

Old 10-20-2000 | 01:16 AM
Talking

Heres your sign.

Old 10-20-2000 | 08:38 AM
Exclamation

if you had said something "witty" they probabbly wouldnt have understood. Better to "show" them like you did.

Old 10-20-2000 | 04:41 PM
Cool

Yoda is absolutely correct, those people are on the bottom of the learning curve. They must be attributed physical experience and repetition to enhance their day to day intelligence. So everytime you see one, do them a favor and stomp his/her bumblebee soundin' a$$ into the ground. After being put to shame 100 times or so they will eventually learn. For them, repetition is the key.....oh by the way, the same concept will work for house training a puppy!

------------------
Red 2000 SVT Lightning

Quick Reply: Here's your sign