Lightning

A question about lense covers for our trucks...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2000 | 01:01 AM
|
Question A question about lense covers for our trucks...

I know that alot of you got the lense covers made by GTS a while back. Just wondering if anyone has the amber ones?? I used to have them on my mustang, and loved how they made the fog lights the same color as the parking lights.

I went back and read some posts, and I have a question about something I came across. Do you have to drill holes in the covers to vent heat or something?? I wouldn't want to warp or melt the new covers.....

any advice would be appreciated....

------------------
White 2000 L
Airaid filter
F-1 AAD Hood

Old 10-23-2000 | 02:07 AM
I think drilling holes would be wise, the gts fog light covers I had melted.

Old 10-23-2000 | 11:29 AM
without cooling holes my GTS covers didn't melt, but both fog light lenses cracked within 20 minutes. Drilled about 1/2 dozen cooling holes in each cover, replaced lenses, and no problems since.

Old 10-23-2000 | 05:30 PM
|
Angry

Thanks for the info.....kind of a let down though. Drilling holes in the amber lens covers kind of defeats the purpose, I mean, amber fog lights with a bunch of little beams of white light shooting out in all directions.....hmmmm, on the other hand...(j/k!)

------------------
White 2000 L
Airaid filter
F-1 AAD Hood

Old 10-23-2000 | 06:01 PM
If you want to have the head lights look line the head lights, get a piar of upper and lower Ultra White light bulbs. They can be bought in the F150online store i beleive. If you want to protect them, go to http://www.stoneguard.com . They are a thick plastic that sticks on the lights. They are clear and can not see them till you are looking for it. Just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: A question about lense covers for our trucks...