Lightning

DAMN SVT!! CLUNK???!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2000, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down DAMN SVT!! CLUNK???!!!!!!!

I've searched this site for posts on the infamous "clunk". Now I know what that damn noise is when I get on some uneven pavement(speed bump, etc.) Took the advice and looked at the control arm.....well what d'ya know, the lucky moving bolt!!! The thing that bothers me is the fact that the posts I was able to pull up were dated back as far as early '99 and my trucks build date was SEPTEMBER 2000!!!!!! I know SVT was aware of the problem but still managed to continue production as if nothing was wrong...well, I'll be seeing the dealer Monday. Sorry so long fellas, just venting some frustration.

------------------
Red 2000 SVT Lightning

Old 10-26-2000, 05:03 PM
Angry

I hear you!
I just got back from the dealer. My truck was built May 2000. The alignment was out from the factory. 750mi and it pulled to the left. After doing a search and reading all the posts, I crawl underneath, The moving bolt! Had it aligned and new cam bolts installed. Now I wonder, how long will the control arm stay in place?

------------------
GalaxyEng
Y2K Red Lightning
BedRug, Haig custom mats

Old 10-26-2000, 05:12 PM
FYI:

I posted yesterday, under clunk report part numbers, the parts that are now approved for this fix. I waited a long time and they had to buy me two new tires but Hopefully this will do it.

Good luck.

Old 10-28-2000, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same experience. I just got my 2000 in August and read the posts.....
I have been putting off the repair hoping Ford would come up with a real solution. It appears that bolts and star washers are the official fix. I've only driven mine 500 miles because of this. Good luck with yours.

Quick Reply: DAMN SVT!! CLUNK???!!!!!!!