Lightning

Cool Website for Ford Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000 | 03:54 PM
Thumbs up

Moonshine-
Beats the hell outta' me. Take a day off and go limit out! I would go this weekend, but there is no way that I'm gonna miss the aTm - Notre Dame game. Oh well. Someone kill a few for me.

Speedin Bob-
Thanks for the tribute. Ted's the MAN!

DUCK

------------------
November 18, 1999 We will not forget.
The fallen 12 will live in our hearts forever.
Fightin Texas Aggie Bonfire 1999

Old 09-01-2000 | 04:29 PM
Duck,
I'll do my best. Going to hunt at the house tonight, booked tomorrow, but then going to a lease Sunday and Monday. Hopefully, there's a limit in there somewhere. Been plenty of dove at my tank in the evenings for the past month or so, but they seem to read a calendar almost as well as deer, so we'll see.

Old 09-01-2000 | 05:20 PM
Bill Murray,
I don't hunt or speed (4X4 offroadin')but if you like a good beer, have you ever thought about brewin' your own? I got started about 5 years ago and, it's great fun and very rewarding when you sip some of your own brew!I prefer an English Bitter style with lots of hops. There's lots of info on the web on how to get started. A good microbrew example of "bitter" is Red Hooks ESB (extra special bitter)

Brewing your own is not hard. For about $100 you can buy everything you need to get started!

Reguards,
Jim Mc

------------------
[img]//www.zing.com/picture/pe29d72fce55912ba891fc09abaf33d0d/ff75a681.gif.orig.gif[/img]
Pinckney Pirate
[img]//pinckneypirate.homestead.com/files/pirateflag.gif[/img]
http://pinckneypirate.homestead.com/index.html
Andthensometoo's MI Area message board!
http://pub9.ezboard.com/bmiareafordtruckowners

98Lariat 5.4 4X4 SC SB Tow ORP
Superchipped!
K&N
WMS Velocity tube
Gibson exhaust
Edelbrock IAS
JBA Headers
Clear front corners
16X8 Centerline Billet Wheels 285 75 16 BFG AT's
Do it inna dirt!
jimmac@ismi.net

[This message has been edited by Jim Mc (edited 09-01-2000).]

Old 09-01-2000 | 05:58 PM
|
Really Old "Member"
JimMc:

That's part of the fun on some of these innocent threads that turn goofy.

So, now BBQMAN (an old and dear web and f150 friend) and I can add home brewers and mudders to our list of F150 owners stellar accomplishments. I am sure I am going to get nailed by some snuff dippers, but they haven't weighed in yet.

All kidding aside, when I lived in Sweden where liquor prices are about 5 times that in the US, my Swedish friends taught me how to brew beer and aquavit (from potatoes)to save money. It is sort of a national pastime to cheat on your taxes (I paid 54% net/net on a $35K income in US$) and to make your own booze. I lousy at the beer thing, but my aquavit would give you a Saturday night you wish you could remember and a Sunday morning that made even a sinner like me pray for forgiveness.

Once Pat and I retire, 5 years or so, I may once again take up the beer thing. In the meantime, I enjoy some of these unusual finds you get on this sort of board.
Bill

Old 10-25-2000 | 04:42 PM
Brought up this old topic because if you go to the National Rifle Association Institute for Legal Affairs (http://www.nraila.org)you will see a copy of a letter from the US. Dept. Of Justice basically saying the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is meaningless. There is no individual right to own a firearm as far as the Clinton/Gore DOJ is concerned.

The DOJ says the 2nd Amendment is a "collective" right that only authorizes the States to arm their National Guardsmen.

Of course this is nonsense considering the US Congress did not authorized the States to create their National Guards until 1916, a very long time between when the Constitution was ratified and most of the States had already joined the union. And, 1916 was only months before the US entered World War I.

Additionally, the US Supreme Court has not agreed with the DOJ position and considers the 2nd Amendment an indivdual right.

This confirms what I wrote in August in this topic about the United States vs. Dr. Emerson case now before Federal court.

We now have the official word from the US Government. Pass it on. Still voting for Al Gore?

Old 10-25-2000 | 05:07 PM
Cool

I am voluntarily giving up my right to bear arms. If Gore is elected, I'm afraid I might shoot myself.

Old 10-25-2000 | 05:15 PM
Is Go_rila a democrat ?

Old 10-25-2000 | 05:35 PM
Here is the text of the 2nd Adm.

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 10-25-2000 | 06:02 PM
Cool

Doug,

It appears that Go_rila is a byproduct of LBJ's "Great Society" efforts back in the sixties. Don't get me started on that one.

All he does is sit in the garage and pi$$ and moan about needing new shoes, a carbon fiber driveshaft, etc.... I have spent more money than I care to talk about to get him to give me a sub 13 second run and what does he do? He goes to FFW and sits down after running a 13.085 and just looks at me. The ba$tard had it in the bag after first and second gear, but noooooooo. Third gear? I ain't doin $**t until I get my JL Ram-air kit.

Don't know where that came from, but I sure feel better.

pvteye -

Cool Lincoln. I spent five of the best years of my life at SR Butler High in Huntsville.

[This message has been edited by sixpipes (edited 10-25-2000).]

Old 10-25-2000 | 06:16 PM
pvteye

It seems to me that in the 2nd Amemdment, "Militia" is, like it's written, militia. And, "people" is, like it's written, people. Two separate and distinct entities. So, what the hell is the problem with the sentence structure that people want to make "Militia" and "people" one and the same. Just think how much freakin' trouble could've been saved if one little period (.) would have taken place of that damn comma (,)in the sentence.

Old 10-25-2000 | 07:11 PM
Handguns are for KILLING people. PERIOD. You NRA zealots kill me with all your propaganda. I say this having grown up with guns, mind you. I've used them, owned them, and collected them. But we just don't need them. And please stop wrapping yourselves in the American flag during your argument. LOL, and did somebody really say that the Lightning was a slap in the face to all power freaks? How uninformed. OK, go on about your redneck politics.

Old 10-25-2000 | 07:36 PM
ILL_SVT, please define "redneck politics".

If you are speaking of the politics of people like Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, James Mason, Patrick Henry, John Adams, George Washington and many others that created America, the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights, then count me in. Could not get better company in the entire history of the world. Can I assume we can count you out?

I agree that handguns are meant to kill people. They are defensive weapons that are most suitable for most people in most situations that call for defensive use. But, if I were going into battle, I would be carrying some much more substantial than a handgun.

If anybody is uninformed, it is you. You proved it one way with your name calling. Like you handle too. Very appropriate it would seem.

Old 10-25-2000 | 08:34 PM
My, what a can of worms this post has opened. As an ex-hippie, acid head, left leaning, tree hugging liberal I am way to the left of most of you on the political spectrum. I will not vote for coke head Bush, because he is totally hypocritical in continuing to wage this insane war on drugs that the government has embarked on. Where does it say in the Constitution that people are not free to enjoy the pursuit of happiness by ingesting their chemical of choice, whether it be Jack Daniels, Marlboros, Acapulco gold, China white, or Sandoz's finest? He also wants to return women to the days of knitting needles and back alley butchers. But, I won't vote for Gore either. He will continue to follow the present administration's insane drug policies, and let Janet Reno fulfill her wish to send troops to Peru. Plus the aforementioned drive to ban guns. When the government has all the guns, you know who's going to take it in the shorts. For more discussion of the gun control issue I recommend "That Every Man be Armed:The Evolution of a Constitutional Right" by Stephen P. Hallbrook, or "More Guns, Less Crime:Understanding Crime and Gun-Control Laws" by John R. Lott, Jr. And on the topic of drug prohibition I suggest "Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do" by Peter McWilliams and "Smoke and Mirrors" by Dan Baum. The jails are full of harmless drug users when they should be full of the corporate officers who rip us off daily with shoddy and even dangerous goods and services (can you say Firestone tires, leaky intercoolers, front end clunk)? I find little merit in the Republicrats. They both seem intent on shafting us common folk while supporting the interests of the big corporations on whom they depend on for the money to get elected, and I ain't voting for either of them. I wish I could say power to the people, but that power has long been usurped by the military/industrial comples that Eisenhower warned us against. Now I'll go sit in the corner and suck my thumb.

Old 10-25-2000 | 10:45 PM
ILL_SVT

You say that "handguns are for killing people" I've put about 1000 rounds through my 9mm that my uncle gave me for doing some computer work for him and am yet to kill someone. I did, however, kill about 6 bowling pins. I slaughtered them REALLY BAD. I also have a 35 cal Marlin leaver action that my father gave me when I was 19. I also have a 22 cal Remington single shot bolt action that my dad and uncle gave me when I turned 11. I also have a 300 Savage bolt action rifle that my 82 year old WWII (Battle of Bastogue) 101st Airborn **** *** kickin' grandfather gave me before he passes so I can enjoy it. Guns are a passion and a great way to make families strong through hunting, target shooting, tinkering, cleaning, and just sitting around and discussing pros and cons of whatever over a cup of coffee. You speak out of turn. You may not care to own firearms; I don't care if you do. I want to protect my Constitutional righ to bear arms. But, if you were my neighbor and you and your wife and children (if you have them) were in trouble from Mr. Nasty man looser criminal, I would surely try to stop that from happening. I'm sure you may say, I don't need your help. Or I can handle my own problems. But, I'd at least like the chance to ask you at that critical moment when it's either you or Mr. Nasty. I like firearms for the sport and enjoyment of owning them. I would, however, use them to protect my life and the ones I love. And, if that means it's either me or Mr. Nasty. Then, I guess it's gonna' be Mr. Nasty.

Old 10-25-2000 | 11:24 PM
Cool

And just think, If Al Gore hadn't invented the internet, this exchange of ideas wouldn't have even been possible.

Do you think he invented the Lightning? If he did, I would vote for him, but I'm afraid he just invented the blower......or something.

Quick Reply: Cool Website for Ford Owners