Lightning

Cool Website for Ford Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2000, 09:17 PM
Really Old "Member"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cool Website for Ford Owners

Try www.thefiringline.com for a good bit of enjoyment. Someone else posted it somewhere on f150online and I just spent a most enjoyable 20 minutes browsing.
Lot of folks just about like us, and of course, a lot that are a bit mmmmm. radical.

As a hint, I am going to my local Publix and get some Shiner Beer tomorrow.

Bill

------------------
99.5 Lightning
Build #247
PSP Chip/Filter
Bassani full system
White/normal options
Tamiya 1/10 scale Bolt
Several old trucks/cars
Thunder & Lightning
Rag Doll Cats
E-mail MOSTOYSINC@AOL.com
Kennesaw, Ga. (Atlanta)

Old 08-30-2000, 01:22 AM
Angry

I think you are some kind of NRA agitator, and if you ever come to my neighborhood I will drill you right between the eyes with my laser sighted Glock 19.

Old 08-30-2000, 05:28 AM
Really Old "Member"
Cool

I would accept your challenge and bring my Ruger .22 Cal semiautomatic carbine, except I removed the firing pin and hid it with the ammo from my wife and grandkids and I can't find them anymore.
Bill

Old 08-30-2000, 09:46 AM
The firing pin and ammo or the wife and grandkids?

Good to hear from you, Bill. How's the new store?

Old 08-30-2000, 11:06 AM
Thumbs up

Y'all have Shiner in GA?

DUCK

------------------
November 18, 1999 We will not forget.
The fallen 12 will live in our hearts forever.
Fightin Texas Aggie Bonfire 1999

Old 08-30-2000, 03:25 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
I think I am going to get a gun rack. After I get my concealed carry, AND a silencer to go with it. Yes that's right, the Mayor is going to review the applications himself. I don't want to blow my ears when I fire my gun from----uh, nevermind...

[This message has been edited by Tundra (edited 08-30-2000).]

Old 08-30-2000, 04:56 PM
Really Old "Member"
Cool

DHF: Store is coming along, midway through a 12 week demolition/reconstruction schedule.
Hope to open end October. Driving me absolutely nuts.

Duck01: I will find out in about 20 minutes if the local Publix carries Shiner. Their web site said they did.

DHF: Can't find any of the mentioned people/items and in fact can't find my *** with both hands right now

Old 08-30-2000, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the tip. I see they have quite a collection of comments from Col. Jeff Cooper's articles published in Guns & Ammo magazine. He is usually good for a laugh and/or interesting observation.

I guess you guys have seen that the Clinton/Gore/Reno administration and US Justice Dept. has finally removed its mask and argues before a Federal court that the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the USA does not guarantee or support the individual right to keep and bear arms. According to USJD, the Second Amendment only protects the right for National Guardsmen.

So, if Clinton/Gore/Reno want to gut the Second Amendment, I wonder what other parts of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution they do not like?

I think the case before the Federal court is US vs. Emerson. Also, includes an issue of due process (4th Amendment), if I remember correctly.

Old 08-30-2000, 06:08 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Not even our money is real anymore. Look closely at your $20 bill. It says Federal Reserve Bank. In the 70s it used to say United States of America or something.

Old 08-30-2000, 06:11 PM
Redlite,
You are correct that the case is US vs. Emerson. The federal district court (Judge Sam Cummings) ruled in favor of Emerson. The US Attorney's office has appealed and the case is now before the 5th Circuit Cout of Appeals. In all liklehood this case will end up before the Supreme Court in the next few years, making the Presidential election and subsequent anticipated Supreme Court appointments extremely critical. Sorry for the rant, but it kinda pisses me off when some of the folks who are sworn to uphold the Constitution are working very hard to dismantle parts of it.

Old 08-30-2000, 06:13 PM
Really Old "Member"
Duck01: I'm sipping one as I sit here at the old keyboard. First Shiner; won't be the last. Good stuff!!

redlite: I just read it for the grins, not for it's political or viewpoint content.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your viewpoint, I lived in Sweden and Canada (No, not as a draft non-participant) and found it refreshing to live in two virtually gun free countries whose citizens are as zealous about protecting their society as we are. They just approach it differently.

On the other hand, I also lived in Peru for a few years where the conditions certainly exist for one to be afraid of a government with guns and a citizenry without them. Although, I doubt that giving everyone guns would solve the problem either.

But, like I said at the beginning, I just enjoy the people over there. Don't agree with them all the time, but if I don't agree with the post, I just click another one that looks like fun.

Bill

Old 08-30-2000, 06:22 PM
Moonshine, could not agree with you more. It would seem that in general we are speeding down the road to tyranny. The control freaks are everywhere! I bet the control freaks soil their linen when the see the utterly politically incorrect Lightning blasting down the road, if they actually know what it is.

Something else we can consider the Lightning and that is expression of freedom from the rat paws of the control freaks.

Your rant is well taken. Rant some more if you like.

Old 08-30-2000, 07:01 PM
Mr. Murray, my perspective comes from being a 45 year, avid reader of history, especially of war and politics. All that reading and general observations of life have revealed that the veneer of civilization is very, very thin. This is both on a micro and macro level ranging from personal day-to-day security to national defense.

As for firearms, I think the only bad thing about them is when you really need one, and you don't have one.

Also, I think it is of no value comparing the USA to any other country, even Canada. We are totally unique. And, as far as I am concerned, we probably live in a rather peaceful country considering all the firearms we have (almost one per person), our national borders and coastline which are national seives, our proliferation of ethnic groups and religions, our easy access to drugs and alcohol , our constant exposure to gratuitions violence in the entertainment media, our huge and crowded urban areas, our general ability to come and go as we please and our incredible wealth.

I have to think that peacefulness is, in part, the result of an armed society, beings that armed societies have a tendency to be polite societies once they have gotten to a higher level of social and economic development.

Damn,I read like I know what I am writing about. Huh?

Old 08-31-2000, 12:21 AM
Hey boys,
Just remenber that a Lightning is NOT just a pickup truck and if anybody has a gun rack mounted in the back window, it is they who should be shot.
Adieu

Old 08-31-2000, 04:21 PM
Thank you, Moonshine. I wish your perspective about being a citizen first was shared by others in your situation. Although, I sometimes think that is not the case with some. They would rather hold their noses and just follow questionable or even illegal orders from unscruplous officials and political leaders regardless of the potential toll in takes on all concerned. A surrender of their honor, dignity and integrity. Does not leave much left worth having.

Worthy leaders would never try and put them in that position in the first place.

Do you think I am ready for the lecture circuit? Or, a padded cell?

Quick Reply: Cool Website for Ford Owners