Lightning

Ram Air!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2000, 10:40 PM
KGM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ram Air!

Hate to brag but I think I've come up with the best ram air so far. Took the PSP off and put the stock air box back on. Before it went on we cut a 4 inch hole on the bottom in front of the 2 bottom plugs that hold it in place. Installed a 4 inch "blastgate" I bought at a woodworking store used for dust collection. I can open or close it easy (great for you east coast guys). Also got 4 inch plastic hose used for the same thing there. Stopped buy the Depot for a 6 into 4 round duct and some misc. stuff also one of those brackets you mount on each side of a door frame and drop a 2x4 into to lock a door, you've seen em. Mounted the 6 into 4 on the bracket ran the hose around the rad hoses and right into the bottom of the "blastgate". Cut out a little of the plastic fender liner and it is clean. Took it out for a ride and put the gauge past 10! Get my chip burned this week and to the strip in two. Let you know what I can get out of it. Anyone run at 2000feet? Oh the "blastgate" was 11 bucks, hose 14, 6 into 4 was 4 bucks and some longer screws, bracket,black spray paint etc. Probably less than 30 total. And one know where JL got his scoop, the only thing I would think about changing but not necessary.

Old 11-05-2000, 07:46 AM
Question

Hey...whatcha gonna do with the psp intake??

If you want to unload it...shoot me an email

spencermat@mediaone.net

------------------
White 2000 L
Airaid filter
F-1 AAD Hood

Old 11-05-2000, 09:09 AM
Location: Garden Grove,Ca. USA three block from Disney Land the Second best Ride
Thumbs up

Sounds great maybe you can take some pictures for the guys like me that can't get a picture of what you said. I don't read the instuctions I just look at the pictures does any one want to buy a 747 the manual didn't have pictures and I can sent piece by piece.

------------------
1999 Red SVT Lightning
#3466 of 4000
NLOC #428
99 Grand Prix GTP Red

Old 11-05-2000, 11:37 AM
If you have a speed shop around, they sell the ducts and tubing as well. Here in San Diego there is a shop called Dave Turner Motorsports. He sells those scoops. Here is a web link for ya
http://www.daveturner.com/

Quick Reply: Ram Air!