Lightning

"you and your damn boost!"

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2000, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool "you and your damn boost!"

Well, finally a little time to share the continuing adventure. 6 months and just a click over 4000 miles. I don't drive this thing nearly often enough! The result is when I do, I drive it like it was stolen. Best races so far include a 99 Z28, a 92 GT stang and two corvettes. Both vettes were feeble unfortunately. The first was a crapped out 86 with no tail lights, bald goodyears and smoking out the pipes. Short city blocks in a college town. Blasted it three times in a row getting off the trottle
just after the 1-2 shift. The guy drove off shaking his head in disbelief. After the third run my wife says "you and your damn boost!" The next vette was yesterday on the way to work. Very nice looking split-window
snaps in front of me at a stop light. The driver pulls away slowly, then half-way through the intersection stabs it. Of course I mash the pedal and close the distance almost immediately. Stay on the vette in and out of the throttle to about 90 mph when the guy figures out he's not going anywhere without a ford truck tied to his bumper. He
pulls over and won't even look at me. I think
he got the idea. Now, these were both small-block vettes and dare I say not really a challenge for the Ford but what the heck, right? Got it to the track a couple months ago and it was turning consistent 13.90's.
(bone stock 2000) I don't care to have it much faster but I would like to get consistent 13.50's. Would rather not do a chip unless absolutley necessary. Any suggestions?

Old 11-05-2000, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the chip( wont get into which one is right for you)I was g tech at 14.2 stock..With the R9 13.79 at 102 mph..To me thats a good buy at $225...cant say Its all the chip but Most of it is...also a K&N drop in filter...dont kno which aftermarket filter is best yet ???

------------------
Ted O, Black 00 "L"
Superchip, K&N