Lightning

Intercooler woes part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2000, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Intercooler woes part 2.

Brought the L to Sunset Ford Thursday. Friday morning I get a call and my service advisertells me, "Your truck is ready" ,I am stunned. After 2 1/2 months my truck is finaly fixed. I call back for a ride, they pick me up and I go find my service adviser. I had told him I wanted to see the intercooler so I could see the leak and call up those dip sticks at spearco and give them the earful they deserve. Anyway the service guy hands me a radiatior. Those clowns replaced the radiator connected to the intercooler instead of the intercooler. I was stuned and speachless! It took all I had to remain calm and carefuly explain that the intercooler in under the supercharger and not in front of the radiator. He came back with a blow up of a parts diagram and ask me to verify which part was the intercooler. He then informed me that they hope to have the part in a week but that the 10 bolts that hold it in place are to be replaced and are unfortunately on National Back order. I can't take much more of this crap! What can I do with these ding bats???

Old 11-03-2000, 07:31 PM
Lightbulb

NUKE the site from orbit....Its the only way to be sure.

Old 11-03-2000, 07:50 PM
Red face

I think I would be posting bail about now!!
Sorry to hear it!!

I had a similar let down when I had my 95 L.
in for service at an incompetant dealer.
I'm with ZorPrime! Nuke E'M!!

------------------
2001 L. (Silver Frost)
Order#1148

Old 11-03-2000, 08:37 PM
Thumbs down

Personally mine has not leaked as yet. Ford has a responsiblity to their customers. I am quite surprised at the lack of response from this site to BON. At this rate, Ford will do nothing. Thank You, John

[This message has been edited by whitelightnin' (edited 11-03-2000).]

Old 11-03-2000, 09:13 PM
PFA
Does it not make sense that an "internal" leak would be inside the engine? If the little radiator was leaking, you would seeeeee it!

Old 11-04-2000, 08:11 AM
Is it possible that so many techs can be totally retarded. My understanding was that the only tech that would work on SVT vehicles were those that were SVT trained. Either that is not the case, or selection of candidates is made from those sporting IQs of less than 90. I would be spending the night (or perhaps longer) in jail had I had that experience.

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
Skydive69@msn.com
Apopka, Florida
99 White Lightning #2091 DOB 6-8-99
Airaid air box (S&B Filter) & Superchip
Kills:
Last 4 generation Mustang GT's (Including Cobra)
Audi S4
Dodge R/T

Old 11-04-2000, 08:30 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Red,

Sorry for your woes.

To add some light to this unfortunate matter, the "dealer" I took mine to told me (on the phone) and actually wrote on the ticket (I have proof) that my truck didnt have an intercooler or supercharger.....DUH

Old 11-04-2000, 08:40 AM
Location: Garden Grove,Ca. USA three block from Disney Land the Second best Ride
You should talk to Bruce(Gen. Manager) or Mike (Owner) bruce@sunsetford.net I don't know if it will help but he has told me in the past that he will help. Mike drive a White L so you would think that there shop would be up on the L.

------------------
1999 Red SVT Lightning
#3466 of 4000
NLOC #428
99 Grand Prix GTP Red

Old 11-05-2000, 04:28 PM
Thumbs down

I had a problem with my intercooler leaking. It was fixed under warranty last year after 2 1/2 months in the shop. It is now leaking again and my warranty is almost up. Here we go again

Old 11-05-2000, 05:25 PM
I have the same problem with my L, I took mine in for service a month a ago and they fixed it after trhee trips there and them telling me that it was not leaking. I was filling it up every three days fully and he's telling me its not leaking. Well they fixed in a week suprisingly enough, but now its starting again. I think we all need to get on ford's A*s and demand that somthing be done to fix this permenetly. Also got the clunk that they said they fixed three times. Hey what about that lemon law. My father filed a lemon law case with mercedes and he won back the money. We should file a class action law suit. Any Laywers out there with a L.

------------------
red 99
massive audio upgrades
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E be cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
custom embroadered seats

Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

Old 11-05-2000, 05:32 PM
Well, if my warranty expires and this happens again, it will certainly involve a trip to my attorney's office. That said, the first step anyone with an IC leak should take is to register here:
https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/007072.html

If we can prove that its a mass problem, there's a better chance of getting it fixed.

Old 11-05-2000, 05:40 PM
Thumbs down

Nathan, I will be "to the point". Why have you not posted at BON? Have you filled out a NHTSA Report? I am absolutely bamboozled at the lack of posts over at BON concerning these issues! If you want political action, you have to vote! What is the deal here? I have asked for a complaint form for the "clunking front end." I'll tell you guys...with the "Firestone Fiasco" it will be a miracle if SVE is around in another 2 years....we NEED SUPPORT FROM MEMBERS WITH LIGHTNING VIN'S POSTING AT BON!!!!!! 24 posts total over there is a joke!!! MODS..MODS..MODS...bejeezus christ..this lightning will go down as another Vega in the history books..IMHO...

Quick Reply: Intercooler woes part 2.