Lightning

Get This One Everybody

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2000 | 10:08 PM
|
Exclamation Get This One Everybody

Well I was driving to my office last night at about 2:00 am and this state trooper pulls up next to me at the toll booth on 294 and I80. He looks at me in his Z28 and rolls down his window. So I think damn what did I do now (You wouldn't believe what was going threw my head). So he starts to ask about the truck and I tell him all he wants to know. So then He says lets see what you got. Keep in mind its 2:00 am so there's not really any traffic. So like a dumb as* I say sure. We both go out the gate and wait for him to say when. Well we get going and I pulled from him pretty good with a 2 to 3 car lead of the start. So where crusing along the highway blowing past one or two cars and look whats that any state trooper sitting on the bridge. Son of A bi**h. Well the trooper next to me knows whats going on but the guy we passed is thinking, he's running from the cops. Well we get up to about 130 or so and we shut it down. Needless to say I see the not so pretty lights in my rearview mirror. I pull over and the guy I raced gets behind me. The guy we passed pulls up right next to my door jumps out of the car with his hand on his gun. Well at this point My dream about getting burried in my lightning is looking like it might come true. I rolled down my window and said. I give up. Why I said this is beyond me. Its not like I rob a bank. Well the guy I raced gets out and tells his buddy whats going on and he starts to laugh. Laugh, Here I am sitting in my truck almost needing a new set of boxers and these to are laughing. Well They both comeover and ask me to pop the hood to check it out. They like it alot. Didn't say anything about the front plate and didn't care about the tinted windows. They both gave me there cards and told me to use them if I ever get pulled over, so I guess that was worth the terror. That was one wild night. Just goes to show not all cops are bad. If you drive on 294 you know where I'm talking about. Just tought you guys might get a kick out of it. later

------------------
red 99
massive audio upgrades
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E be cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
custom embroadered seats

Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

Old 11-05-2000 | 10:26 PM
Banned
holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..great story...wish we had troopers like that down here in south florida...they're usually to busy selling drugs to race though...

------------------
jim@bulldogneon.com
smokin'

Old 11-05-2000 | 10:28 PM
I've often wondered how those troopers in the camaro & stangs were! I have a slight fear of seeing one of them coming up fast from behind, & me trying to run him, then he hits the lights at well over 100 that would suck. I'm glad your experience worked out! Lloyd

------------------

2000 Black L #2189. Airaid & Superchip R9. Drag Results: Best ET: 13.07 Best MPH 103.09 Best R/T .501 (twice) Best 60' 1.631 on F1's 1973 Cutlass Supreme 455/450HP 4 speed. Too many Mods to list! 95 Olds Aurora 91 S10 305TPI/700r4 project 2000 freightliner FL60 Rollback tow truck My garage overuneth

Old 11-05-2000 | 11:55 PM
Cool

Those troopers like fast cars and trucks too. They just don't want you running from them. It's hard to out run that Motorola on the highway.

------------------
Later,

Chuck
Black 00
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/lightningpage

Old 11-06-2000 | 12:02 AM
Cool

Yeah and thankfully I know most of our local OSP guys, so tickets haven't been a problem yet.(knock on wood) They love my truck and kind of joke that their "chipped for 126mph max" Crown Vic's can't catch me, but that I'll never outrun the radio and the adjoining county's Post guys waiting for me with the road spikes

------------------
Jim
Black '00
#1,757 of 4,966
Built 3/30/00 (a Thursday!)
Clear corners
J.L. Enhanced R9
J.L. Stage II Ram-Air ordered
FMS oval T/B next
HP booster of my own
G-Tech 13.72 stock

Old 11-06-2000 | 12:06 AM
|
LSchicago
did you ever see that white astro van trooper on 55. Saw that him one time and almost ran off the road from laughing so hard. He pulled over a vette at that.

------------------
red 99
massive audio upgrades
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E be cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
custom embroadered seats

Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

Old 11-06-2000 | 12:08 AM
|
Are the 2000's chipped at 126 max cause when I got my 99 I raced my buddy's rt down I80 and I was doing 135. before the chip

------------------
red 99
massive audio upgrades
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E be cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
custom embroadered seats

Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

Old 11-06-2000 | 12:11 AM
Haven't seen the astro, But I see a lot of explorers! The 126 mph was the limit of a crown vic. not a Lighning. the 2000 L has no speed limiter.

[This message has been edited by LSchicago (edited 11-06-2000).]

Old 11-06-2000 | 12:41 AM
Wink

RT,

I was referring to the Crown Vic cruiser. Supposedly their tires (according to them) won't allow for much more and they don't want a bunch of wrecked cruisers, so they're chipped to cut the fuel at 126. But don't get any wild ideas, cuz they'll get you one way or another 90% of the time!!

------------------
Jim
Black '00
#1,757 of 4,966
Built 3/30/00 (a Thursday!)
Clear corners
J.L. Enhanced R9
J.L. Stage II Ram-Air ordered
FMS oval T/B next
HP booster of my own
G-Tech 13.72 stock

Old 11-06-2000 | 01:12 AM
Cool

In Memphis they have to break off the pursuit if things get fast because of lawsuits but cross the state line and it's tire spike's, shoot at the tires anything goes to stop them policy. That's why the Memphis PD tries to run them this way. They know they'll get them back once they're stopped.

------------------
Later,

Chuck
Black 00
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/lightningpage

Old 11-06-2000 | 01:55 AM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Thumbs up

That is one amazing story, leaving me with my mouth open and jealous! Good run/kill. Not many people can calim that they out ran a police car LEGALLY!

-Marcus

Old 11-06-2000 | 10:06 AM
Crown Vics and Caprices will do 125-130 as they come from the factory...I've fgot thousands of hours pushing those things around with a lot of 100+mph time. The later model Caprices were the best patrol cars ever made but they were discontinued. Now the only real option is the Crown Vic...it's a pretty ggod one too but the 4.6 never has had the uumph that the Chev 350 had. The new Caprice (6 cylinder) is a laugh. Some agencies are now driving Volvos (Calif Highway Patrol has some) but I've never driven one so have no opinion on them. Also, never heard of an agency changing the computer or re-chipping their patrol cars but maybe some sneaky ones do...the larger ones don't have the time to mess with performance parts (fleet operations managers are not too understanding cause they have a hard enough time just keeping the stock vehicles rolling).

------------------
'99 F150 SC, 4x2, Oxford white, flareside, 5.4,
bodyside mouldings, Snuglid hard tonneau, airbox and fresh air mods.
Duraliner drop-in (gave up on the Penda Nascar). Gibson Supertruck. Ford 2-piece bra. Catch-All floor mats. Image tail light covers. B-Quiet sound dampener in rear of cab. **** pile rug protecting spare tire (Raoul made me enter this)
No door cracks yet at 13K!!!

Old 11-06-2000 | 10:36 AM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
RTKilla,

Most excellent adventure!!! What a great feeling giving them a Buh Bye.

I used to own a 91 Caprice ex-cruiser. it rode great but the back end would come around super easy. Indianapolis P.D. used to wave for which I returned their nice gesture. Got to drive fast, people moved outta my friggin way (or got the spotlight). Bad thing was that it had a 2.7x gear. Took it awhile to get going but did real nice at 110+. BIG EGO stroke. Too bad the motor died.

Old 11-06-2000 | 02:14 PM
Marv1 said it. The 1996 9C1 caprice with an LT1 was the best squad car ever made. By comparison, the Crown Vics suck. But the Crown Vic is better than the new Impala. Hey Marv, you remember the mid '80's Crown Vics? One shot brakes before they faded to oblivion.

------------------
'00 White Lightning #405
Born 2-21-00
Best run 13.2 @ 103 on F1's.

Old 11-06-2000 | 05:45 PM
Thumbs up

RTKILLA,
Great Story!!!!!!So are you an official ILLNESS member now?