Lightning

The REAL reason the Red Rocket died.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Vinnie,

Are you buying a truck you can actually drive ya hump??? I know of a low-mileage black '01 in Phoenix just waiting for someone to come get it!

What's shakin' beotch???

Old 03-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will this story ever end? Leave CHI-TOWN alone already Its his truck not yours !!

Last edited by RUSS04; 03-12-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Well after reading all of the post and comments about my dishonesty with the situation, I finally decided to tell you all the truth, because it is the right thing to do.
You see... I got it home about 1:30 Am.. after driving for 13 hours. The next day
my grandmother, who is 94, asked me if she could take it for a ride. I said "sure grandma, anything for you! " So she proceeded to get her helmet and her racing gloves on. She said " do you mind if I rip around town in it? " .. seeing that it has so much horse power" .... So she goes out in about 4 inches of snow. She has a walker, so it took her a while for her to get to the truck, you know Ice and all. I didn't bother helping her, after all she is 94. Why help her? Sooooo anyways, she gets in the truck after falling a few times. She proceeds to start it up, really really gunning it... I was like "holy crap grandma!" as I watched her through the window. She starts driving out of the parking lot, I hear the tires spinning.... NO worries I think.. it was built for speed. I did tell her before she left that it needed gas, she says " no problem, I will fill it up" .. I told her, "use the cheapest gas you can find, like a 86 Octane" .. no problem she says. She was already gone for about 5 hours... before I got the dreaded " call" ..probably headed over the the old folks home, to show off the new toy she was driving. I am sure that all of her friends also drove it, I mean how else would you blow a motor right? You know how all of those old folks drive... ... She said that all of the sudden it just locked up on her! I was like huh? She thought it was the battery, then the starter, then after realizing it.. she thought, it has to be hydro-lock. She pulled it over and got her tools out, because you never know what is going to happen, grandma always carries her tools with her,on the side of her walker She said it was a bit cold out, like 11 degrees, but took all of the plugs out,and sure enough... Fluid in #1 cylinder. She was able to crank the motor, a few times, back and forth.. realizing that there was a bent rod also. She pushed it to the mechanic that it is at right now. I think a few of her friends helped her also? it wasn't to bad, only like a 12 mile push. I said grandma.. " you are going to have to pay for this, because you broke my truck" She was good with that.. she said " I will take it out of my social security, and make payments to you" I told her you better! I want at least 1000.00 a month till its paid off, is that fair? I think so, she doesn't eat much anyway. So long story short with all of this mess is... Don't let your grandma drive your muscle truck.... Sorry for not telling the whole story.. My bad.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Grandma must have filled up your truck on 79th and roberts rd GAS MAX i think is the name of the station Cheapest gas around

Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by RUSS04
Grandma must have filled up your truck on 79th and roberts rd GAS MAX i think is the name of the station Cheapest gas around

Yes that is the one that she went to! She did mention that place..

Old 03-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by ChiTown
Well after reading all of the post and comments about my dishonesty with the situation, I finally decided to tell you all the truth, because it is the right thing to do.
You see... I got it home about 1:30 Am.. after driving for 13 hours. The next day
my grandmother, who is 94, asked me if she could take it for a ride. I said "sure grandma, anything for you! " So she proceeded to get her helmet and her racing gloves on. She said " do you mind if I rip around town in it? " .. seeing that it has so much horse power" .... So she goes out in about 4 inches of snow. She has a walker, so it took her a while for her to get to the truck, you know Ice and all. I didn't bother helping her, after all she is 94. Why help her? Sooooo anyways, she gets in the truck after falling a few times. She proceeds to start it up, really really gunning it... I was like "holy crap grandma!" as I watched her through the window. She starts driving out of the parking lot, I hear the tires spinning.... NO worries I think.. it was built for speed. I did tell her before she left that it needed gas, she says " no problem, I will fill it up" .. I told her, "use the cheapest gas you can find, like a 86 Octane" .. no problem she says. She was already gone for about 5 hours... before I got the dreaded " call" ..probably headed over the the old folks home, to show off the new toy she was driving. I am sure that all of her friends also drove it, I mean how else would you blow a motor right? You know how all of those old folks drive... ... She said that all of the sudden it just locked up on her! I was like huh? She thought it was the battery, then the starter, then after realizing it.. she thought, it has to be hydro-lock. She pulled it over and got her tools out, because you never know what is going to happen, grandma always carries her tools with her,on the side of her walker She said it was a bit cold out, like 11 degrees, but took all of the plugs out,and sure enough... Fluid in #1 cylinder. She was able to crank the motor, a few times, back and forth.. realizing that there was a bent rod also. She pushed it to the mechanic that it is at right now. I think a few of her friends helped her also? it wasn't to bad, only like a 12 mile push. I said grandma.. " you are going to have to pay for this, because you broke my truck" She was good with that.. she said " I will take it out of my social security, and make payments to you" I told her you better! I want at least 1000.00 a month till its paid off, is that fair? I think so, she doesn't eat much anyway. So long story short with all of this mess is... Don't let your grandma drive your muscle truck.... Sorry for not telling the whole story.. My bad.
that makes more sense then your other stories

Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by lightninquick
that makes more sense then your other stories
Somehow I knew it would...

Old 03-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi ChiTown!!! Guess you decided to stir and mix the pot!!! LOL I always thought it was the lil old lady from Pasadena!!!!! Now the truth is out she was from ChiTown!!!!! Artie

Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by ChiTown
All I can say is Wow for this thread.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Diversive Tacticts, old school... When they're on to you...divert to alternative measures, cut a joke, close your eyes and wish they will follow.:o Boy, Chicago is a windy city. Hell, I take back what I said about wanting this post closed, I'm being entertained by reading you like a book.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Is your Grandma Single?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by twb02lightning
Diversive Tacticts, old school... When they're on to you...divert to alternative measures, cut a joke, close your eyes and wish they will follow.:o Boy, Chicago is a windy city. Hell, I take back what I said about wanting this post closed, I'm being entertained by reading you like a book.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:22 PM
When i posted something was Fishy,i meant something is Fishy with what's being told to you.I wasn't calling you a liar,i was going by what all you posted.It just seem's funny to me that you leave it in perfect running condition at a tire shop,then next thing you know it's got a bent rod from cranking over the motor.Then your Mechanic tell's you it's going to take around $10,000 to re-build it, i think a few thing's would have thrown up a Red Flag to me.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Chitown,
First I will say you've dealt with this whole situation pretty good. Your getting kind of a rough treatment from some because they feel like your getting ripped off one way or another and their just trying to make you understand why. If you feel fine with the situation the way it is then I think others should leave it be as well and leave this thread alone.

Quick Reply: The REAL reason the Red Rocket died.