Lightning

The REAL reason the Red Rocket died.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's no wonder that many Lightning members are a bunch of.........ah, never mind.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by screwyou
It's no wonder that many Lightning members are a bunch of.........ah, never mind.

Yes I am finding this out FAST.. wont be here long .. that I can tell you..

Old 03-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Dont let the door hit you on the way out

You come on here and start venting...

Then when people start finding problems/flaws with the story you get defensive and want to move on.

There are ALOT of very intelligent people on these boards and for them to point out a flaw in your story must mean something...considering it is more than one person.

And you are right... we don't know you...

and from the looks of it, i dont think many of us would want to know you..

E

Old 03-12-2007, 07:20 AM
And you all wondered why I had that other thread closed....jeeezzz

Old 03-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Tough crowd... I just don't see a motive for him to lie here? He isn't going after Rob or anyone else for compensation. Maybe, just maybe, his mechanic is lying to him, but that is not this guys fault. The replacement cost seems high to me to having went through a complete build before, but it isn't our money, it is his..

Some kids in here need to grow up.

-Mark

Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
Tough crowd... I just don't see a motive for him to lie here? He isn't going after Rob or anyone else for compensation. Maybe, just maybe, his mechanic is lying to him, but that is not this guys fault. The replacement cost seems high to me to having went through a complete build before, but it isn't our money, it is his..

Some kids in here need to grow up.

-Mark
This is why I stopped frequenting this forum for some time...

Gregg - Sorry to hear about your troubles. Please know that not everyone here is out to get you. I don't quite understand all the hostility towards you. You never came on here bashing anyone. Good luck with the rebuild, hope it all works out in the end

Old 03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by MaxPower
Gregg - Sorry to hear about your troubles. Please know that not everyone here is out to get you. I don't quite understand all the hostility towards you. You never came on here bashing anyone. Good luck with the rebuild, hope it all works out in the end
Exactly, Gregg don't let the juveniles chase you away. There are a lot of good people here as well. Your mechanics price is definitely high but if it is a guy you trust sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:23 PM
One mans junk is anothers gold. One mans heaven is anothers hell!! Just take what you want and leave the rest. Hope all goes well Gregg as said there are some great people on this boad and some who love to stir the pot. LOL Just remember red is still the hottest color!!! Artie

Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey I can take the crap from people.. I don't mind that.. Hell I can dish it out as well.. when it is related to my truck or my car... BUT when it attacks my character and who I am as a person ...THAT I have a problem with, when in not so many words I am being called a LIAR.. there is the problem.
I am on a few boards, motorcycle and other.. we all give each other s**t.. that is part of a forum, back and forth banter.. but most if not all in a joking manner..
As noted in the last few posts, there are a few who like to stir the pot, probably because they have nothing else to do? I dunno.. Or they think that the L is the only vehicle out there? and their s**t dont stink? I dunno.. but also from the last few posts, I appreciate the actual REAL people who don't feel the need to attack a person.. that I thank you for.
As far as my L goes.. it is what it is.. I am not blaming anyone.. or anything.. I was just sharing what happened is all. End of Story. Lata All!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
dont listen to peeluzion, no one else does.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Greg,

First off.
Very Sorry to hear about your motor.

I talk to Rob on an almost daily basis and I can tell ya, Yes hes a little crazy (In a good motorhead way) but I can 100% assure you he had no idea this was going to happen.
How would I know this. I was going to buy the truck if you didn't. That truck was being sold that day either way (you or me) and Rob would not have even offered it to me if he was aware of any issues (Not that he would do that to anyone else) like that.
I know you are not blaming him (very respectable BTW). Just telling you this for peace of mind.

VINNIE

Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 PM
serious

guy,

there are alot of guys on here trying to help you out, but you just don't seem to be listening here.

Simply put, it's hard to believe that a pin hole leak filled up a cylinder and bent a connecting rod the way it did by simply cranking the engine.........that's all.

Then you are saying it's causing 11k to fix this........which is REALLY REALLY high.

So what is the point of even posting here. You obviously don't listen to anyone and believe you mechanic is god , because he knows what's wrong and what it takes to fix it. Too bad he knows how to pad a bill too apparently.

Good luck with your truck. I hope you have a blast with it when you get it back. I just don't understand why you would just pay this guy this kind of money because he said so without asking questions.

Please post a copy of the invoice because I cannot fully understand how the bill is that high. We are trying to help and you take offense and protect the guy, but you could have just bought a built short block and dropped it in for the price he gave you to fix your motor.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=tallimeca]guy,

there are alot of guys on here trying to help you out, but you just don't seem to be listening here.

Simply put, it's hard to believe that a pin hole leak filled up a cylinder and bent a connecting rod the way it did by simply cranking the engine.........that's all.

+1 Good luck and God Speed!

Last edited by twb02lightning; 03-12-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by VINNIE
Greg,

I was going to buy the truck if you didn't. That truck was being sold that day either way (you or me) and Rob would not have even offered it to me if he was aware of any issues.

VINNIE
Well Thank You V for coming clean on that one and yes it's true.
There was a reason V delivered Blacky with Mike that Wednesday with his trailer, because he was suppose to trailer Red back home with him, (but Gregg bought it a day or two earlier). Dont you feel lucky now Gregg :o
(a little humor)
Point being V is like family to me and I was prepaired to sell Red to him because it was what it was a 600HP RWHP Monster with nothing to hide....

Gregg I'm sure I pissed you off once or twice through this too. I kept trying to come up with a reason this happen because I couldnt understand how something running so awesome was all of a sudden in such a bad way in such a short period (as I'm sure you wonder too). All I can hope at this point is you get it back soon and realize what we all here already know, a 600 HP Lighting can be A LOT OF FUN and it'll bring you many great memorys....

Total investment of 30K for a fully Built L is NOT a bad place to be, I'm sorry this happen to such a great guy and I truly wish you the best....

Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by 1badazzavt
dont listen to peeluzion, no one else does.

Your right don't listen to me... or anyone else on the board Chi-town...

Drop as much money on the motor as you want, if you want to overpay for it, by all means.. its your money, do what you like with it.

Quick Reply: The REAL reason the Red Rocket died.