Lightning

Who Has NOT Installed the Front License?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2000 | 09:00 AM
From: Garden Grove,Ca. USA three block from Disney Land the Second best Ride
Cool

I don't have front plate on my L or my GTP. The dealer had put the plate on before I got to the dealer to stop them. But lucky(or not so lucky) I found the front bumper damaged and they had to replace it. so now there are no holes. Talk to local PD guy at the car wash all the time and they said they wouldn't write. But if a CHP saw it they might. I think that most of them just use as a way to stop people. So if you mind your Ps and Qs you'll be OK.

------------------
1999 Red SVT Lightning
#3466 of 4000
NLOC #428
99 Grand Prix GTP Red

Old 11-11-2000 | 01:09 PM
95rcobra, THATS SOUNDS GREAT! BUT JUST ONE PROBLEM.... I DONT OWN A LIGHTNING!! LOL LOL I HAVE A 97 CAMARO SS RIGHT NOW. : ) i just come in here to read the board , but i do want to possibly get an 01 when they come out. still interested in hanging out? even though i own a chevy?? lol! the airport on passaic ave. ? later bro, Mike

Old 11-11-2000 | 10:39 PM
I live in Jersey and have kept mine off even though we need both plates.

Only time I got a ticket for it was when I was illegally parked once and forgot to put the plate in the windshield.

Daniel

Old 11-12-2000 | 12:15 AM
Question

95rcobra:

Are you talkin about Pat Barrett transmissions in Westwood or is there more than one Pat Barrett?

Old 11-12-2000 | 07:57 AM
Ford Rules All, Level 10 transmissions in Hamburg N.J. is owned by Pat Barrett. Do not think there is any connection with the Westwood Pat Barrett transmissions. Level 10 advertises in some of the high performance magazines like MM&FF's and will be in an upcoming issue of MM&FF's doing a shift kit and torque converter install on the FRIDGE lightning. thanks 95rcobra.

Old 11-12-2000 | 08:25 AM
Hey SS GUY, Yes the airport on Passaic ave that is called West Caldwell airport I think. I work off of New Dutch Lane next to the airport. Anyway, Unfortunately I do not bring any of my performance vehicles to work in that area. when I do drive them which is rare for the 95r I go over the border to new york state which is 3 miles from my home. over there I do not have to worry about getting hassled by the cops for speeding. I can run my Lightning and 95r at high speeds without hassle and there are no highways there just nice country roads. In my town of Vernon N.J. all speed limits are 35 mph. I have had so many speeding tickets over the past 15 years in n.j. and my insurance is finally a normal price so I avoid driving my hotrods here. thanks 95rcobra.

Old 11-12-2000 | 11:55 AM
Thumbs up

I don't have a front plate either. I've been stopped twice for it, but never given a ticket. Once was about four blocks from my house by a young DPS guy (wanted to check out my truck) and the other time was just the other day by a DPS K-9 unit on the highway. I can't believe he risked his neck by making a u-turn on one of the most dangerous stretches of road in TX. I guess he figured my truck looked kinda "ghetto" and was just checking for drugs and such. I didn't get a ticket though. Oh well, the price you pay.

DUCK

------------------
November 18, 1999 We will not forget.
The fallen 12 will live in our hearts forever.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Bonfire 1999

Old 11-12-2000 | 07:29 PM
Never have and never will !

Old 11-12-2000 | 08:23 PM
The Cobra and Lightning already had the bracket before I bought them. I replaced the front cover on the L and will not put the plate back on. I got pulled over once for it -"I just got it back from the shop, I'm waiting on the bracket". I did get a warning ticket from a cop 100ft from my house years ago for no front plate on my 86 Fiero GT. He was telling me I would have to "bore holes in the front". I tie straped it under the front bumber, the cop that checked it out said "that looks a little low" (it was dragging on the ground), "but it's there". It fell off somehow a few hours later

Old 11-13-2000 | 01:15 AM
I have never put one on and I get stopped all the time by me. I drive right on 294 evermornig and The cops told me that they pull me over cause they think the truck might be stolen. Why this is I don't know. Personally I think it useless. If you need to check my plates your probably going to be behind me. right. We need to pass a new law. You never se any corvettes with a front plate. I'm not wrecking my baby with a plate

------------------
99.5 red lightning
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E bed cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
Audio: Kenwood 9015 cd, Kenwood kmd minidisc, Kicker 5x7 impulse, kicker 5.25 resolution, phoenix gold zx450, Phoenix gold zx500, Three JL audio 10w3's, Qform's, custom built box.
Built 5/4/99 A tuesday
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.

Old 11-13-2000 | 09:16 AM
Well I was not so lucky I have two ugly holes in the front of my bumper I had a sticker on the front frame that said I'm not racing, I'm qualifying for a while. But I think since they are there and I am expecting my F150online sticker maybe I will get lucky and it will fit and I can put www.f150online.com and at least make them useful holes *dots* up there. Cops asked where my front tag was...I told him C'mon, it says I8URCHV...I'm sure somebody stole it in appreciation of my wit hehe
CA

Quick Reply: Who Has NOT Installed the Front License?