Lightning

Check Engine Light - Predator Shows No Fault?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check Engine Light - Predator Shows No Fault?

For the past couple of months I have been getting a check engine light after filling up with gas, and when I check it with my Predator it says no fault. I then select "clear faults" and the light goes out, but usually comes back on a time or two.

Why do I keep getting this light? And why does the Predator not see it?

Thanks!!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:53 AM
It is probably an emission sensor code that is causing the light to come on. If you are leaving the truck running while refueling or you are not putting the cap on tight enough could also cause this. I used to get as well, but i started shutting down the engine while refueling, which should be done anyways.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I always stop the engine while refueling. What could be causing an emission sensor problem? I am also wondering what triggers a fault when the fuel cap is not tight. I put mine on the same way I always have.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
You could have a crack in/on the cap.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
+1 For the price of a new cap I'd give it a shot.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by 01Lightning
For the past couple of months I have been getting a check engine light after filling up with gas, and when I check it with my Predator it says no fault. I then select "clear faults" and the light goes out, but usually comes back on a time or two.

Thanks!!
Your dealing with an out of date programmer. Move up to the Excall2 or Livewire and you shouldn't have any problems pulling codes...Had a buddy of mine that had the same programmer and wouldnt pull any codes. Service Engine Light came on continuously... His new Livewire caught the problem right off the bat. Seeems as though the had broken Cop piece for the plug and the out dated computer on trucks obviosly did not recongize the code...Strange but true... Get a new programmer..Increase the longevity of your ride and enjoy a much more fine tuned vehicle. Anyone that switched up can agree with a good tune you''ll be amazed the difference. My advice KIlll the Predator (out dated a year and half ago)..I told my buddy the same and he was extremely impressed with the difference in all aspects of tuning and horsepower.

2003 Lightning | Ported Eaton, SCT Xcal2, 6lb, E-Fan, Lfp-exchanger, Lfp Idlers, JLP CAI, TR-6, 2/6 drop,
Bassani BX catback, SCT 2400 Maf, T-Bars,Chromies,Hoosier stickys', LC-1 Wideband, Boost gauge

Last edited by WigginWilly00; 03-22-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 PM
+1

Originally Posted by sysman_rick
You could have a crack in/on the cap.
Check your cop wires you could have a cracked clip(COP) or piece since your last plug chang....This happend to a buddy of mine, one crack made all the difference in the world....

2003 Lightning | Ported Eaton, SCT Xcal2, 6lb, E-Fan, Lfp-exchanger, Lfp Idlers, JLP CAI, TR-6, 2/6 drop,
Bassani BX catback, SCT 2400 Maf, T-Bars,Chromies,Hoosier stickys', LC-1 Wideband, Boost gauge

Old 03-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by 01Lightning

Thanks!!
same thing is happening to me. scanned it with the predator and no faults, checked the gas cap and it was good. yesterday, i took off the throttle body, (i guess for the hell of it ahd no reason to) and say that the the stock rubber boot that goes over the front of the trottle body has a small rip and air was getting in through there. i fix it, clear the codes and BAM, no light.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light - Predator Shows No Fault?