Lightning

Who has the worlds fastest daily driven gen2??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 06:53 AM
|
Originally Posted by lightninquick
sorry for being an idiot in your very formal and informative thread,,,,,next time i will check with you,,,,,you seem to be quite an expert on the grey area between wise azz and idiot
No apoligies necassary. LOL

Its just funny that people with Ls should be pumped that there L has the same possibilities. Lets face it 99% of the Ls out there are DDs and Mikes L was just that. Nothing special ..Iron block , whipple and Nitous..No rare combination or something people can't buy. There is not one non off the shelf item on that truck.

Did all the stars align that day for the perfect pass with that combination...maybe...but either way it happened.

VINNIE

Old 03-25-2007 | 08:51 AM
rob,,,you really need to get that beast to the track,,,put all us nesayers to rest
It WOULD HAVE been in less than 48 hours but the date changed,
but soon enough we will have some Rob ET's. I personally think alot of peeps will be surprised on what I run We'll just have to wait and see....

Oh Ya, FU V

Ok new sig, hope everyones ok with this one

Last edited by Rob_00Lightning; 03-25-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2007 | 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Rob_00Lightning
It WOULD HAVE been in less than 48 hours but the date changed,
but soon enough we will have some Rob ET's. I personally think alot of peeps will be surprised on what I run We'll just have to wait and see....

hey Rob i hope to see ya get better the an 11.5.. lol.. nah J/K youll finally get your 10 my friend...

Old 03-25-2007 | 11:31 AM
go get it rob!!! anything under 10.3 and your the legit DD champ in my book,,,,,better get it on video,,,,with the staging correct

Old 03-25-2007 | 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by SVTLIGHTING
Im sure there are many gen II L's out there much faster than robs. They are just not on this forum. Not everyone that has an L is on F150online.com, and anyone can buy an already built L for the right amount of coin.
It seems far fetched to me to think anyone has run better times than those posted here. Even though the owner may not post here, they have to run somewhere. These results would be known.
As for Evan's run in Mikes truck? Too many people were there to be fooled. Seeing the truck's progression I believe the #s as quoted. Yes, conditions were very good, but it shows what is possible. It is older technology also. I can't wait to see what the newest technology yields when conditions are right again.
Jim

Old 03-25-2007 | 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by VINNIE
This is great.

I did this post to bust Robs chops about his sig and all this happens.

It just kills all you guys that a truck that Rob drives to work ran 9s and theres video of it and time slips and eveything is varified.

It just kills ya.....

It is what it is. The truck ran 9s on monday and drove to my house on friday with the air on and the battery under the hood.

Everything else is blah, blah,blah.........

VINNIE
9's? Did it run more then one 9?
Its a fast truck either way you cut it, but one hit wonders dont do anything for me.

Later...

Bruce

Old 03-25-2007 | 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by SVTLIGHTING
Im sure there are many gen II L's out there much faster than robs. They are just not on this forum. Not everyone that has an L is on F150online.com, and anyone can buy an already built L for the right amount of coin.
seriously ??? you cant be serious.......There is a whole big world of Lightnings out ther that are not on F150online.com... true, but to think that there are "many gen II L's out there much faster than robs" is just ....wrong. So you think there are GenII's hitting tracks across the nation running 9's and that fact has not made ANY internet site ....no one noticed another 9 second L ?

Old 03-25-2007 | 05:35 PM
there are a lot of guys out there, one particular in Michigan, with extremely fast trucks, or who are building extremely fast trucks.

Most of them don't brag about it.
on NLOC, there is a week by week build up with pics of a full chassis Lightning.
I can neither confirm or deny that there may or may not be another in Michigan...

Yes Rob we all know that in the world of NLOC, SVTperformance, F150online, Lightningrodder, you have the fastest DD Lightning. Most likely, it is the fastest DD lightning on earth, but you never know if there is another one out there a smidgen faster.

But for pete's sake, go out and earn you're own numbers! I'm sure they'll be low 10's maybe high 9's.
But above all be careful! You don't have the best track record when it comes to lightnings!

Old 03-25-2007 | 08:09 PM
There is certainly NO doubt in my mind the truck ran what it ran. My truck weighing in at over 4,900 pounds went 10.36
If I dropped 400-500 pounds to bring it down to "full weight" and turned it up a little I don't think there is any reason why it would not have gone into the 9's. Just my theory on it. -Mat-

Old 03-26-2007 | 03:59 PM
there's a lot of coulda woulda shoulda's. for someone that has the worlds fastest dd lightning with silver wheels with a black sharpie dot 3 inches to the inside, not only does he not back it up, he doesn't accept a call out that the builder didn't either. sounds more and more like the crew up there can only run good where they're at.

Old 03-26-2007 | 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by 1badazzavt
there's a lot of coulda woulda shoulda's. for someone that has the worlds fastest dd lightning with silver wheels with a black sharpie dot 3 inches to the inside, not only does he not back it up, he doesn't accept a call out that the builder didn't either. sounds more and more like the crew up there can only run good where they're at.
Come find out at JDM Day. Free track day for all. If you can really lay down a #, it would be great to do it at Jim's sponsored day. If not, ??? Conditions are always good.
Jim

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:09 PM
a guy was standing in the way of the stagibg light??? it appears the truck got a head of steam before it crossed the beams

i guess this is why the truck went from 10.5's to 9.7 overnight

Yup crossed the beams with a full head of steam.

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ct.TOPGUN
Come find out at JDM Day. Free track day for all. If you can really lay down a #, it would be great to do it at Jim's sponsored day. If not, ??? Conditions are always good.
Jim

conditions are always good,,,but the weather isnt always good,,,,drive 2k miles to have a rain out

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:18 PM
I watched Mike make several 10.1 passes at Cecil the week before the truck went 9s. That was just him by himself running the truck. No JDM crew, no special track prep, no mega cool downs.

The truck definitely could run 9s with optimum conditions.

Old 03-26-2007 | 11:08 PM
conditions are always good,,,but the weather isnt always good,,,,drive 2k miles to have a rain out
The weather is an issue at times, but it is a 3 day event at Englishtown beginning with JDM Day friday, and continuing into Fords at Englishtown Fri eve through sunday.
Jim

Quick Reply: Who has the worlds fastest daily driven gen2??