Lightning

Who has the worlds fastest daily driven gen2??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007 | 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by VINNIE
You can be a wise azz..Yes

But don't be an idiot... I was at Cecil two days earlier and Mike was running 10.10 w/ a 1.65 60 ft.

Then Mike ran a 10.0 after Evan made the 9 second pass.

VINNIE
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
I watched Mike make several 10.1 passes at Cecil the week before the truck went 9s. That was just him by himself running the truck. No JDM crew, no special track prep, no mega cool downs.

The truck definitely could run 9s with optimum conditions.
Hey I was at Cecil that day, too.
Mike wasn't used to launching at that power level and he spun the tires to a 10.10. Not only that, but the truck was tapping the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift.
With a slight adjustment in the tune and a driving lesson, he picked up a few tenths. No big surprise here.

I think that if Rob goes after it and stays 'at it' he could go even faster. This trucks potential was still being realized when Rob bought it.
Rob knows he needs seat time. He will get some next month at the DelValLO Track Rental. Maybe next fall, when Rob it up to it, we will see better numbers.

I believe this truck has more in it.

Weather or not we will ever see it, remains to be seen.

FF

PS: This truck is NOT the fastest street driven Lightning(sorry Rob)
Some street driven Gen1 has gone faster.

Old 03-27-2007 | 10:20 AM
ok ok ok ok (in my best joe pecsi voice) i guess it was a legit pass

lets define daily driver,,,the "DD" label seems to be a vague one,,,,,,if it has a egr deleate,,,then it would not be a "DD" in california.

if jonny lightning,,drives his truck to the corner store everyday,,,does it make it a "DD"???

i agree,,,,robs truck is the "REAL" fastest "DD" truck out there.

maybe we should have a "FASTEST STREET LIGHTNING" competition at lightningfest.

since the "DD" label i used so loosely,,,we need some rules

1. lightning motor

2. lightning tranny

3. lightning final drive (gen1 9") (gen2 9.75")

4. leaf springs

5. one power adder

6. 2 valve heads

winner gets the title of "FASTEST STREET LIGHTNING"

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by lightninquick

lets define daily driver,,,the "DD" label seems to be a vague one,,,,,,if it has a egr deleate,,,then it would not be a "DD" in california.

if jonny lightning,,drives his truck to the corner store everyday,,,does it make it a "DD"???

1. lightning motor

2. lightning tranny

4. leaf springs

5. one power adder

6. 2 valve heads

LOL yo Rick did you think that up all by yourself???? it actually sounds like a good idea...

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:40 AM
Daily driver means many things to different people. Personally I consider it a vehicle capable of driving to and from the track(in my case 100 miles to the closest 1/4). Only a change of tires/wheels, and a flash of the tune to compete. Maybe some ice added.
I don't care if a vehicle has undergone suspension, trans, rear changes as long as they are durable choices. No spindly componants suited to on track situations only. Multiple power adders are common on street vehicles now. I do love the idea of a boost only 9 sec run. I am convinced it is possible, but feel the lower boost setup with progressive nitrous is the easier way due to the tuning capabilities and limited traction.
I intend to continue to drive my truck often and pursue low 10s this season. I know if I chose to I can drive clear across the country with the tunes playing and the AC cranking to race anywhere. I do have some reservations about making it home due to the stock trans. Once I go BTS I will race more often.
Jim

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:42 AM
The owner of the fastest daily driver Gen 2??.....

Scott Dunn.

Old 03-27-2007 | 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
The owner of the fastest daily driver Gen 2??.....

Scott Dunn.

I have been waiting to see some good #s out of that truck for a long time. Let's see what it did so we all know what we have to shoot for!
Jim

Old 03-27-2007 | 12:43 PM
well now we have to define quickest vs. fastest

Old 03-27-2007 | 02:45 PM
quick vs fast

quick is period of time from point a to point b......ie 1/4 mile time.

Fast is vehicle's top sustained speed.

We know these trucks can top out at around 150 easily, however, most of these trucks are not tuned for that kind of run.

Taking a built motor quarter mile king and putting it on a circle truck and having them run around 150 mph is not the best idea. Complete different tuning.

This argument is obviously about 1/4 mile times. This west coast vs east coast crap has been brewing for a while and no one wants to make the first move.

Seems to me that the West coast guys want it more, so step to the plate or shut it.

This Tuner that you guys are after so bad.......JDM, offers a free day of racing. So show up in the fall if you want it so bad. Come to their back yard, on their dime, and blow them out of the water and show the world what you have if your so confident.

Rob has a 9 second daily driver. He didn't drive it to a 9 second pass himself, but the truck has done it. Give him his due, and let him be happy with it.

Until anyone can prove him wrong, then i guess there's no argument.

He drives the thing all over the place. He did it with all his trucks. I'm sure you have seen his woo hoo pictures and video.

Cali boys, east coast isn't coming to you. Not that important to them. But since you keep bringing it up, start planing for late october and settle this if you can't live without it.

Derm Fu Idgit.

Old 03-27-2007 | 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by lightninquick

1. lightning motor

2. lightning tranny

4. leaf springs

5. one power adder

6. 2 valve heads

I do not agree with #5 all other terms are legit, my truck is driven to and fro everyday of the week, its setup to run low boost and alot of nitrous as are a few others.

Old 03-27-2007 | 04:24 PM
well lets forget about the single power adder,,,my truck is set up for two anyways. as for the east not coming here,,,,well thats a givin,,,nut nuts no glory is what i say,,,lol,,,if some one offered me a free ride,,,id be there

thats why i propose lightningfest

Old 03-27-2007 | 06:13 PM
wow

what don't you get??

You seem to be the only one who cares about this. Post and post and post.

If it meant that much to anyone else, it would be done.

Obviously, no one cares enought to go across country to shut your yap, so give it a rest.

You know why, because everyone around here has excuse after excuse and can never just take the facts.

So what happens when Jim comes out there, or Rob comes out there and who ever your golden boy out there is looses?? What then?

There will be posts about how they cheated, and how this went wrong and how if they did it again, the results would be different.

No thanks.

Give it up.

No one cares.

Old 03-27-2007 | 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
what don't you get??

Obviously, no one cares enought to go across country to shut your yap, so give it a rest.

You know why, because everyone around here has excuse after excuse and can never just take the facts.

So what happens when Jim comes out there, or Rob comes out there and who ever your golden boy out there is looses?? What then?

There will be posts about how they cheated, and how this went wrong and how if they did it again, the results would be different.

No thanks.

Give it up.

No one cares.
LOL!!!!! let me repeat myself for the reading impeared,,,,ahh nevermind

Old 03-27-2007 | 08:41 PM
|
To me a daily driver driver is pretty simple.

If your primary car (assuming its not your L) breaks down and you can just grab the keys to L to get you were you need to go(work, out, get the kids, etc) legally until your primary vehicle is fixed.

VINNIE

Old 03-27-2007 | 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
what don't you get??

No thanks.

Give it up.

No one cares.
lol what a cop out the cali boys aren't that rough

Old 03-27-2007 | 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by VINNIE
To me a daily driver driver is pretty simple.

If your primary car (assuming its not your L) breaks down and you can just grab the keys to L to get you were you need to go(work, out, get the kids, etc) legally until your primary vehicle is fixed.

VINNIE
So, the secondary car has slick's on it???
My idea of a DD is the way you drive to the track, who care's about power. Putting the power to the track, with the DD tire's, that's what impresses me!!!
I still haven't been able to get a 10's pass on my DD tire's.
That's my opinion, flame away!!!
Bryan

Quick Reply: Who has the worlds fastest daily driven gen2??