Lightning

more possible COP issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007 | 10:05 PM
|
more possible COP issues

what give's. is march the month for COP's to go bad. man i think i spoke too soon on one of the other thread's about my coil's!!! cuz now i'm experienceing some lowsy performance out of my truck. i have the gms cop's w/ denso it22's and all of a sudden my truck is idleing like crap with a slight stumble in park. then when i put it in drive it seriously start's missing and stumbling and my a/f ratio goes way lean. but when i drive normally it feel's fine, but when i go to lay in it the truck stumble's at 3000rpm like it's hitting the rev limiter and falls on it's face.
i don't know of it is directly related to the cop's or not, maybe i have fuel issue's (i did change the filter). anyhow, i did check the ohm's on my stock ones and they look fine, reading 5.25-5.32 ohm's. so i'm gonna throw the stockers back in to see if it clears up and i'll check the grannies to see what they read while i'm at it.
come to think of it i still have the gap set fairly tight, .35 to be exact and when i was checking the gap i did notice that some of the plugs were sooted up a bit and the rest were a clean kinda off-white.
anybody have any idea's? do the symptom's my truck is having sound like the COP's are going bad??? i'm kinda at a loss here, any help will be good.

Old 03-24-2007 | 11:50 PM
Sounds kinda like a MAF starting to go bad. I had one a 4.6 go bad and cause banks 1 and 2 lean errors after driving it with symptoms like you describe.

Quick Reply: more possible COP issues