Lightning

A little relaxation

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2000 | 08:42 PM
|
Thumbs up A little relaxation

I recently purchased a Tamiya Lightning and have been looking for a chance to put it together. It is kinda dreary outside, so I decided to sit down and give it a go. Looked up and I was halfway done with the chassis. This thing is GREAT! I can't wait till it runs!! I just had to take a break cuz I was seeing double.

DUCK

------------------
November 18, 1999 We will not forget.
The fallen 12 will live in our hearts forever.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Bonfire 1999

Old 11-23-2000 | 09:05 PM
Cool

cool!

Old 11-24-2000 | 12:27 AM
|
Thumbs up

Done! It took me just over 6 hours to get a running chassis, but it's completed now. Just one problem, sometimes it sticks in foward. A quick shot of reverse will free it, but it is annoying. Is there an adjustment somewhere that loosens the f/r switch (picks it up off of the metal "rail" it slides on)?

DUCK

------------------

Old 11-24-2000 | 07:18 AM
Really Old "Member"
Morning Duck:

Depending on the brand of radio you are using, there should be an adjustment for both the steering and the throttle called "trim". Usually they are little buttons which you can rotate right and left.
For the throttle, turn it back and forth until you get absolute neutral. That should be right in the middle setting but occasionally you will get one that requires an adjustment just off center. Same for steering.
If that does not work, make sure the metal strip with the three **** on it is not bent and that the wiper arm has no sticky points as it wipes across the metal strip.

If you have an electronic speed control, there is no metal strip and no wiper, but the manual will tell you how to trim it out and it is essentially the same as a mechanical speed control in that sense.

Enjoy.
Bill

Old 11-24-2000 | 01:52 PM
|
Thumbs up

Thanks, Bill! Its the metal arm that swipes across the rails that gets hung in the foward position some times. I've adjusted the trim on the remote and that is fine. There must be a low spot or sticky spot on the arm that I need to work on. Thanks again for your help.

DUCK

------------------

Old 11-26-2000 | 02:34 AM
Bought the RC last Christmas. Had so much fun with it I had to get the big version in August. :-) Who could've known? The RC is four wheel drive though. Humm.......

Quick Reply: A little relaxation