Lightning

I think the Lightning is on it's way out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007 | 07:17 PM
Being a Chevy guy for 28 years , buying my first ford was an easy decision after riding in a friends 04 L . I was looking at vettes and Vipers at the time and actually had cash to get either , but after riding in the L and hearing the whine from the cab , man I gotta get one of these ! ( on # 3 now ) Not to mention it was about 20 grand cheaper plus it would pull the bassboat and atv trailer and when you needed a truck to haul something , well it would fit that bill also .

I decided to trade in my 03 L with low miles and decent mods last July and I kept telling myself I did not miss it , but we have a few around town and everytime I saw one I knew I had made a mistake . Then some rice burner would come by me with the garbage can muffler and thump box thumpin , and all I could think was man where's my L when I need it !!

I started looking again about Nov last year and it took me to March to finally find what I was looking for , I knew I didn't want a stock L after two that had some good hp #'s and both would get up and go ! Then I found it on Ebay ( beefcakes old Silver L ) and shot about 50 emails with the owner in about 3 days , ended up making an offer and to my surprise he took it !! It was the perfect step up from my other 2 , can still drive it everyday but man its badd .
I know there are alot badder L's around here on the forum , but this is the one around town for sure ! It gets looks everywhere I go , ( everyone around here knows what the bolts can do ! ) , I get thumbs up at the lights , at the car wash the guys all come over and ask ?'s , etc etc , it doesn't stop ! That was / is my favorite part of owning the Lightning , it does get their attention and how !! This truck is ungodly loud , but what a sweet sound it is ! The lope at idle will give you chills , the monster box tranny shifts like a rock , positive and sure , I find myself taking the long way home thru town just to hear it bounce off the buildings hehehe , even at 10 mpg .

Its not a perfect truck compared to some of the super low miles stockers I almost bought that had stayed most of their lives in a garage covered , but when you smash the gas and have to hold on , well , its doing what it was made to do , I've had alot of "fast" cars , but like others have said , nothing sounds as good as the supercharger singing at 16 psi !
Sorry for the ramble , but I am passionate about my L's , and I really missed having one , and Terry R. did a heck of a job on this truck , my neighbors already hate me and it , nothing makes a better alarm clock that long tubes into 3 inch flowmasters at 6 am hehehe , If I gotta get up , they do too !

SC

Last edited by 620Hphoss; 04-03-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2007 | 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by todd abbott
I was able to drive an 06' Vette Coupe (not the ZO6) and I have to say for a 50K sticker it's quite a nice piece, 400HP stick is a ton of fun, not a lot of extra room for a 6 4' guy like me but I had zero issues driving it, which really makes me think-for what guys are paying for a new Shelby you could buy a new vette and save 10K plus and still have a sold performer, or just buy a ZO6.
suggesting buying a chevy.. i am truly disappointed, i would drive a honda civic before i bought a gm

Old 04-03-2007 | 08:18 PM
In all honesty, while my preferance has been to Fords over the years a bad *** ride is a bad *** ride regardless of who make it.

Last edited by todd abbott; 04-03-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2007 | 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Fordfrank06
suggesting buying a chevy.. i am truly disappointed, i would drive a honda civic before i bought a gm
Originally Posted by todd abbott
In all honesty, while my preferance has been to Fords over the years a bad *** ride is a bad *** ride regardless of who make it.
Personally, I give respect to anything fast but I wouldnt ever own a GM product.

Old 04-04-2007 | 08:56 AM
Odin, The dark side has a corvette waiting for you.

Old 04-04-2007 | 04:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by Shorty
Odin, The dark side has a corvette waiting for you.
Don't think I haven't heard it calling me.

$10K will put a twin turbo kit on it, too. With some cash left over. I got my butt handed to me by a new Z06 the other day; and, I am in lust. That's a little out of my reach financially though.

Old 04-04-2007 | 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
Don't think I haven't heard it calling me.

$10K will put a twin turbo kit on it, too. With some cash left over. I got my butt handed to me by a new Z06 the other day; and, I am in lust. That's a little out of my reach financially though.
Remember, you only live once.

Quick Reply: I think the Lightning is on it's way out...