Lightning

SVT Disgraced

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 07:00 PM
I've never understood this reasoning. Why do people try to convince people they have something they don't. Any car guy can tell a fake a mile away and car guys are the only people who notice different models. So who are these people really convincing; themselves? I've seen more Type R, SVT, and SS stickers on base model cars and it makes the drivers look like total Tards!!

Old 11-02-2007 | 08:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by RidiculousRed
So I'm driving home the other day and see this orange mustang all chromed out even got the 20" dub emblem on the front panels, big stupid wing. So as the driver looks over at me with a nod (like were boys because we have fords) he passes me and what do I see a SVT emblem on the back. As I get mad I think not only did ford drop SVT but what a kick in the family gems to have someone pretend to have a SVT. It pretty much just makes me sick. Not only to have a SVT emblem on there but even to disgrace a mustang at that. Well just thought that I would share that, I'm sure someone else has seen this ignorance.
Stuff like that use to bother me but it really doesn't anymore. I just kind of grin when I see a regular Mustang or F-150 with an SVT badge. Or a V6 Mustang with Cobra wheels/badges. The way I look at it is, if someone doesn't know what the badges mean then they won't look at it as something special. And if someone does know what the badges mean, then they'll know it's a fake and get a little giggle out of it like me.

Old 11-28-2007 | 03:43 PM
This thread is hilarious! I am currently trying to make my truck look as close as possible to the Lightning, but have NO PLANS WHATSOEVER to pretend I have one (by using badges). What good would that do? If I ever planned on racing a REAL SVT Lightning I would get my A@% SMOKED!!! I am happy with my slow, 4.2L SIX BANGER engine. I'll leave all that racing up to you guys with the real thing!
I just can't get enough of the body style that the lightning has...too awesome. I am NEVER going to call my truck a lightning when it is SO FAR from the real thing...that would be stupid.

Last edited by alightningfan08; 11-28-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2007 | 03:50 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about this as Ford did such a pi** poor job at marketing SVT, that most people including car guys don't even know what it means.

SVT what???????? A Lightning??????? Who makes that????

Might as well be a PST Earthquake

Old 11-28-2007 | 04:11 PM
Check this link out. It's from E-bay and it has a truck that looks like a lightning at first glance, then I realized it wasn't a flareside. Then I noticed the base F-150 emblem on the side. Still looks like a nice ride to me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-28-2007 | 04:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by alightningfan08
Check this link out. It's from E-bay and it has a truck that looks like a lightning at first glance, then I realized it wasn't a flareside. Then I noticed the base F-150 emblem on the side. Still looks like a nice ride to me!
Just the body kit for a Lightning. I'd really love to get one but one of the pictures is the exact body and color of my truck and it looks horrible! I really want the L's front bumper and grille tho. And I'll keep my big V6 and F-150 badge on my truck. I want to get a L as soon as I'm outta college tho.

Old 11-28-2007 | 08:52 PM
The only badge change I will do is the F-150 emblem from the newer model F-150's. I can't wait until my front bumper and grille arrive, should be here in 2 weeks.

Old 11-28-2007 | 09:21 PM
It kills me when I go to the strip....EVERYTIME I pull up to staging, the announcer says...."Ford Lightning in the left lane..." My truck is a fleet side for one and it has the huge STX stickers on the bed. I have to put F150 4.6 in bold on my tech card. I bet they say..."dang that Lightning's slow" when I make a pass

I have never portrayed my truck as a Lightning, if anything it's more like the Harley edition.

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:01 PM
id prefer to let everyone think my truck just has exhaust...

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:14 PM
hahah, this thread reminds me of a video i saw on you tube. it was a guy with a v6 mustang and put not cobra, not svt, not GT. but he put GTR badges on it, like the ones they put on a nissan skyline.

Old 11-29-2007 | 11:46 AM
CDB03STX,

Your truck looks awesome! I don't know why they think it is a lightning either. Probably because you have the lowered look. Your post was hilarious though!

Quick Reply: SVT Disgraced